~ A/C questions ~

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
Found the lines and orifice tube, not too far away. Still looking for the proper accumulator. Can anyone verify that the accumulator I have would work?

These are the ones from Advance
1999 GMC Yukon SLT
A/C MAN CONT(C60); Except RR AUX A/C(C69); Except RIGHT HAND DRIVE(RHD)
and
1999 GMC Yukon SLT
RR AUX A/C(C69); Except RIGHT HAND DRIVE(RHD)

Looks like there is indeed a difference.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In all reality everytime you open the system you should replace the accumulator. Do you have a new rear expansion valve? The stop leak crap likely clogged yours....jmho

Which orifice did you get? I have a few including a Santech which is made for hot hot climates, its supposed to mess with the pressures and increase cooling.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
In all reality everytime you open the system you should replace the accumulator. Do you have a new rear expansion valve? The stop leak crap likely clogged yours....jmho

Which orifice did you get? I have a few including a Santech which is made for hot hot climates, its supposed to mess with the pressures and increase cooling.

I already have an accumulator. The problem is, is that its made for front AC. Im trying to figure out if it will work with the rear AC optioned trucks. Unless youre down the road, I doubt we can work anything out. I have to have this together tomorrow. I dont know what 'rear expansion valve' is. Like I said, with the setup before; had the same accumulator; rear did fine when the front did not. Right up till the compressor exploded.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already have an accumulator. The problem is, is that its made for front AC. Im trying to figure out if it will work with the rear AC optioned trucks. Unless youre down the road, I doubt we can work anything out. I have to have this together tomorrow. I dont know what 'rear expansion valve' is. Like I said, with the setup before; had the same accumulator; rear did fine when the front did not. Right up till the compressor exploded.

You plan on reinstalling the same accumulator? I sure hope not......Do yourself a favor and go buy the correct one!

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
You plan on reinstalling the same accumulator? I sure hope not......Do yourself a favor and go buy the correct one!

No. Its a new one. For front A/C. I would happily buy the one for the rear, but I cannot find one within 200 miles.

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No. Its a new one. For front A/C. I would happily buy the one for the rear, but I cannot find one within 200 miles.

I had a 2000 Escalade (same exact a/c system as yours) which gave me a/c issues for nearly 6 months last summer, nearly 4K! Yes 4K! It started with a leaking compressor hose and turned out to be an effen nightmare!

Don't cut any corners.....if you can wait order what you need and do it rite. You dont want to go through what I endured!

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
finally got the hoses and orifice tube. get this, I was also able to find the accumulator, but it was identical to the one I already have. counter guy said its likely a redesign and should work fine. so I'm going with the accumulator that I have. now to take it all apart and clean.

but I have one final question. how much oil and freon do I need? I have 8oz of page 150 but haven't got any freon.

OP
OP
nimrod.sixty9

nimrod.sixty9

Hold on, I got this.
Reaction score
you have rear air or not?

Yes, I have rear AC.

Need to know where the oil and capacity of oil goes.

Is it 4oz comp, 3 accum, and 1 evap?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

Was almost there! What a f'n nightmare this has been. I'm so tired of this; whilst trying to put on the lines, I broke worthless plastic that has four heater lines going into it. Looks to be the valve that would shut off water circulating to the heater core. What is this thing called?

EDIT; NVM heater control valve. $12 and in stock (surprising!)

If this thing does indeed cut off circ to the heater core, then I would think this was my problem with the AC going here and there as the vacuum line was barely connected; mostly deteriorated away. Thoughts?

Last edited:

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, I have rear AC.

Need to know where the oil and capacity of oil goes.

Is it 4oz comp, 3 accum, and 1 evap?

---------- Post added at 10:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:12 PM ----------

What a f'n nightmare this has been. I'm so tired of this crap; whilst trying to put on the lines, I broke worthless plastic that has four heater lines going into it. Looks to be the valve that would shut off water circulating to the heater core. What is this thing called?

Its called heater bypass valve, mine broke as well while trying to replace it. Britlle as shit! smh

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luggz