A/c help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jimbeux35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 yukon and my a/c stopped blowing cold. I tried refilling freon and it didn't accept any. My compressor is turning on and running when the a/c is turned on. I'm new to gmc so before I start unplugging and removing parts I wanted to know if anyone knows the possible cause of this problem. Thanks

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have a 2016 yukon and my a/c stopped blowing cold. I tried refilling freon and it didn't accept any. My compressor is turning on and running when the a/c is turned on. I'm new to gmc so before I start unplugging and removing parts I wanted to know if anyone knows the possible cause of this problem. Thanks
Welcome to the forum.

When you say your "compressor is turning on" are you meaning that the a/c clutch is engaging and therefore is turning the inside of the compressor. Did you attach gauges and see if it shows ANY pressure or some pressure and they are equal?

OP
OP
J

jimbeux35

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

When you say your "compressor is turning on" are you meaning that the a/c clutch is engaging and therefore is turning the inside of the compressor. Did you attach gauges and see if it shows ANY pressure or some pressure and they are equal?
So we put the gauges on it and it's reading good pressure. We even bled some out to see if it was pushing through and it was. Yes the clutch is engaging when the a/c is turned on and there is plenty of power coming out the vents just not cold. We did notice that the radiator fans are not kicking on and idk if that has something to do with it but that's something we seen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar