A/C port in the rear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2 door Yukon. Doesn't have any A/C for the rear, buy my dogs ride in.the luggage compartment and would like to see if I can put.some vents in the roof to give them some fresh air back there. Summer got pretty hot and they didn't enjoy it.much.
Thought I saw a thread about this but could.not find it.
Anyone tried this or knows if this is even possible.?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
while rear air in a tahoe was not available until 98 the order book for 98 shows the rear air was only optional for the 4dr not 2dr. so based on the order book for the 98 you can not go back and swap 98-99 parts into a 95 unless it is a 4dr. according to the ordering book. sorry

OP
OP
yukonaetahoe

yukonaetahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't think they would gave deff stuff. Just wondering if there is a easy way of maybe putting some pipes that would split off the front.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
you can split it but it will have to be non stock if the freon lines are different then '96 and newer cause compressor is in a different place. can be done. the problem is fitting the rear unit. that is what holds you up. will need to compare your right rear body structure and compare top 4dr of someones or junk yard. any other details or tech stuff feel free to let me know.

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I come bearing pics. I don't know how much help I can be. This is a '95! Our mechanic in SoCal was the original owner. I don't know what he did, I could investigate if you want. I'm guessing he retrofitted a system from a Suburban, since he did it before they had them in 4 door Yukons. Here's pics:

DSCN1214.jpg

DSCN1219.jpg

DSCN1220.jpg

That rolled edge you see in the headliner is actually a seam, it's split right there. Also, look at the overhead console, no controls in it.

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
Three pics? That's it? We demand full technical blueprints, description and operation manuals, wiring layouts, parts lists, detailed pics and full video documentries. If you can get that to us by morning that would be great.

GMCYukonDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, I know it might not be that helpful, but I'm just showing that it can be done. I'd love to get a one piece headliner to get rid of that seam, but it's pretty far down on the list.
When I got my A/C leak diagnosed, the repair guy said that it isn't blowing as hard as it should be out the rear vents, and he thinks some of the ducting has moved or isn't sealed completely, so I get to dig through and find it. yay.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia