Rear A/C

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ramiro0727

Reaction score
My 2011 Chevy Tahoe there is no cold air coming out of the rear vents. I can hear the blower motor working in the rear. Just no cold air from the vents. Could it be a bad blend door actuator? If it's bad where is the blend door actuator for the rear located at?

Thanks,
Ramiro

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2011 Chevy Tahoe there is no cold air coming out of the rear vents. I can hear the blower motor working in the rear. Just no cold air from the vents. Could it be a bad blend door actuator? If it's bad where is the blend door actuator for the rear located at?

Thanks,
Ramiro

There are two actuators for the auxiliary air, one mode and one temperature control. The AC unit is located between the C and D pillar on the passenger side.

1692321991301.png

If you can, get a bi-directional scan tool on this to pull the internal trouble codes and check the rear AC. It could be something else, like an aspirator in the headliner.

OP
OP
R

Ramiro0727

Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I get no heat out of the dash vents either. Not sure if this is related to not having not cold air coming out of the rear vents.

Ramiro

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Another thing I forgot to mention is that I get no heat out of the dash vents either. Not sure if this is related to not having not cold air coming out of the rear vents.

Ramiro
It's Tech-2 time. A bi-directional scan tool will pull up the internal trouble codes and can interact with the system to see what's wrong.

Over the years my truck has thrown a trouble code for each of the six actuators at one time or another. I have replaced three so far. The mode actuator acted up one day while on a day trip 3 years ago and has been fine since but still throws a code once in a while even though it's working. It's not a high priority though I do have one on the shelf for when I get one of my helpers to crawl under the dash and replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo