97 yukon noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vali31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This morning I started to hear a clicking/thumping sound coming from beneath the drivers side. The steering wheel does not vibrate. The car drives fine. Is it possible it can be a broken axle/ drive shaft/ bearing or something?

Last edited:

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
VALI! HOW GOES IT?

if you hear this clicking noise especially while turning your cv joint on the front driver side may be worn. if the boot is torn then it is almost obvious.

BTW sorry I never go to solve the hard start issue. you ever make any progress on that?

OP
OP
V

vali31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Jonathan

VALI! HOW GOES IT?

if you hear this clicking noise especially while turning your cv joint on the front driver side may be worn. if the boot is torn then it is almost obvious.

BTW sorry I never go to solve the hard start issue. you ever make any progress on that?

Jonathan I really miss your knowledge and help here. The starting issue went away for about 3 days and then came back. Once in a while it would just start up and other times I'd have to spray CARB/THROTTLE BODY CLEANER to get it going. It's been raining hard here for the last 2 days and I am waiting for the rain to calm down so I can at least go under the car or drive the car and record the sound. But I know it is definitely coming from beneath the drivers side. Its a loose clunking sound. It if it what you said, how would I go by determining if it is a CV joint and is it easy to do it myself?

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
for a cv joint the noise would be vehicle speed dependent. usually the half shaft is just replaced but the wheel assembly has to be torn down slightly to get it out and in again along with a large torque wrench.

There is one other possibility. There is an torsion bar support link below you that may be broken. it is item#4 is the link below.

http://www.genmotorinfo.com/FullIma...1995-2000+K107(06),Suspension/Front+-+TC06318

SunlitComet

OBS Jedi-Do Good
Reaction score
the video with sound will help. While I can't enlarge the photos I don't see anything immediately wrong either you half shafts look good with no torn boots I can see so leave those out of the equation for now. You look at those torsion bar support links I mentioned?

OP
OP
V

vali31

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Photo and Video

th_P1020196.jpg"]th_P1020196.jpg[/URL]

P1020195.jpg
[/IMG]

Photo and video of the problem. It was a worn out DOG BONE cast Iron bracket.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ACPTECHS

Latest posts