95 tahoe Blend doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vendo

Reaction score
How many blend doors are on these trucks,i barley get defroster on this 95 tahoe..i replaced heater controls..95 is a 1 year heater control and on ebay they want 750 for 1 of them..any ideas..

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is also a crossover wiring adapter for using a later switch that fits same hole in dash. Look in the threads. Might get lucky and somebody here has one.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
I had one of those on the truck when i got it but nothing worked,,so i got a 1995 one for 50 bucks in junk yard,but defroster doesnt really blow much air..everything else does.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vent selection actuator is the one by the gas pedal. Going by memory, I think it controls three dampers in the box to control defrost, panel and floor vent distribution.

Look and see if the two linkages are intact. Also watch the silver notched dial as you change the vent position. It should rotate between the two lines imprinted on the actuator.

The other two actuators are for heater (behind ashtray) and recirc (above and behind blower).
Those don’t impact the defrost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
I changed the blend door at gas pedal and still not working right..it stays on the floor mostly,gonna have to take it off and try to turn it by hand and see if i get defrost,in fla they probably never used it..

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do the linkages move when you change the dial setting?

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
im going to take it back off and test that today or tommorrow..can i move the heater box and see if that makes defrost go on?

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
rockauto just got in some GM heater controls for my yr truck for 149.00 with 40 core,mine has no lights on it...

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im going to take it back off and test that today or tommorrow..can i move the heater box and see if that makes defrost go on?
With the actuator in place, turn the panel dial from defrost to vent and see if the actuator linkages and/or the silver dial rotate. That would confirm that the panel is sending a signal to the actuator.

The silver dial should rotate between the two lines, smoothly without jumping back and forth.

ff24a118c1c6cbb7a873d314c23648f1.jpg

If you have some movement from the dial, pull the connector and put a probe across the two pins. Rotate the panel dial and see what your voltage range is. It should change smoothly, not erratically.

If the actuator is removed, you should be able to manually rotate the dampers to check for air flow.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe