95 tahoe Blend doors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
i took the one off by the gas pedal i replaced and it doesnt move when changing the dials..i moved the heaterbox with a screwdriver and that moved ok..but im not sure if the middle one is suppoesed to make the defrost come on..

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
I have an adaptor for the newer ones..do they work? the one i had with the truck didnt turn on the A/C

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i took the one off by the gas pedal i replaced and it doesnt move when changing the dials..i moved the heaterbox with a screwdriver and that moved ok..but im not sure if the middle one is suppoesed to make the defrost come on..
My memory stinks since it’s been a while since I had the box opened, but I think the defrost damper is up high toward the back.

So, with the actuator installed and linkages in place, the notched dial does not turn or move at all?

If so, next step is to disconnect the connector and use a multimeter to probe the pins. Battery should be brown, so see if you get 12V from brown to black (ground) with ignition on. If not, check from brown to a chassis part.

Then check from the controller signal wire pin (white) to black and watch the voltage while the controller dial is turned. I don’t remember the range, but it’ll be noticeable.

See what you get there before junking the control panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an adaptor for the newer ones..do they work? the one i had with the truck didnt turn on the A/C
I’d get a Delco control if you go that route. I had a Dorman start smoking within minutes of installation and another reviewer on Amazon reported the same. Too, the dials are slightly smaller on the Dorman, giving a light ring around them at night.

No clue on how the 95 adapters work since mine are all 98 models. Others can probably give input on that.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Defrost is I think on upper left. The one in the middle (where the links meet) is I think the floor vent. Upper right is panel.

I think that’s right, lol.

261276000a3e869a2f514a8bc2082d46.jpg

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
I moved it with a screwdriver and i still didnt get defrost really,i will have to check the power connections

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
i have a oem one in there from the junkyard for a 95.

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
i got 10.8 volts and it moves to like 10.7 changing the dial..eng off..still no movement on accuator..what next..its a new style and all clicks on a/c etc but no defrost..would the middle one not working stop defrost..

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just making sure, there are three wires right?

One is battery and should be around 12V. The next is the signal from the panel and should vary. The last one is ground.

So you have 12-ish on one and a steady 10V on the other when the dial is turned?

OP
OP
vendo

vendo

Reaction score
it does sould different when i put defrost on but not a lot of air comes up

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thebull12