89Suburban/PAW PAW's 07 Tahoe Redneck Mod Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And yes she is bleeding to death but I keep donating my own blood

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I realized I was too late cuz I didn't log in yesterday. But, if those isolators you were asking about are really that thick (to add 1/2"), you can remove them. Just slip some heater hose over the first coil of the spring cuz you don't want metal-on-metal. I've never known the isolators to be more than maybe 1/8" thick and not worth removing. Maybe I just had thinner ones or looked at 'em differently.

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I realized I was too late cuz I didn't log in yesterday. But, if those isolators you were asking about are really that thick (to add 1/2"), you can remove them. Just slip some heater hose over the first coil of the spring cuz you don't want metal-on-metal. I've never known the isolators to be more than maybe 1/8" thick and not worth removing. Maybe I just had thinner ones or looked at 'em differently.
I used new isolators all good. :)

OP
OP
89Suburban

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you done the updated valve cover? That seems like an excessive leak and thought if you hadn't changed the cover, it may be building crankcase pressure and making the leak worse

Updated valve cover, catch can, new VLOM, billet oil pressure block off. Only thing left is front seal/oil pan/or rear main. It leaked a full quart this past week. I have to top it off every Sunday. My parking spots look like grease pits. Sick of it.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Updated valve cover, catch can, new VLOM, billet oil pressure block off. Only thing left is front seal/oil pan/or rear main. It leaked a full quart this past week. I have to top it off every Sunday. My parking spots look like grease pits. Sick of it.
Good mechanic can have that rear main seal swapped in a day, if it's on a lift. That sucks buddy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleeeper