6.2 failure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Turns out a close family friend that’s a retired Gm tech is really good friends with a service advisor and the service manager at the dealer a couple miles from me. They say no doubt that a main bearing has or is failing and will need a new motor at about 12k but from their experience Gm should be willing to cover 40-50%. Not what I wanted but is what it is.
Well, if the general is gonna pony up for half and you are out of warranty…I’d say you did pretty well.

OP
OP
S

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just heard back from the service advisor, they confirmed seized crank bearing and engine will need to be replace. Total cost is $10,140 and Gm is covering 70%! While situation sucks but I’m surprised and very happy Gm is stepping up that much! Going to have them do a trans service and install a Ppe deep pan for me while they have it all apart too!

OP
OP
S

Snakeboyaz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Picked up the Yukon from the dealer this afternoon! I paid extra out of pocket for new plugs & wires, the active grill shutters were broke so I had those replaced, had them replace some steering wheel radio controls that sometimes didn’t work, replace trans filter and install a PPE deep trans pan for me. Gm covered $7400 and my total including the extra items was $4400. Overall I’m happy considering I was out of warranty. They did a great job, let me go into the shop and meet the tech while he was doing the swap, everything was very organized and clean! Tech was meticulous and took great care and pride in his work!

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up the Yukon from the dealer this afternoon! I paid extra out of pocket for new plugs & wires, the active grill shutters were broke so I had those replaced, had them replace some steering wheel radio controls that sometimes didn’t work, replace trans filter and install a PPE deep trans pan for me. Gm covered $7400 and my total including the extra items was $4400. Overall I’m happy considering I was out of warranty. They did a great job, let me go into the shop and meet the tech while he was doing the swap, everything was very organized and clean! Tech was meticulous and took great care and pride in his work!
Break that new power plant in right! Change the oil every 5k, and I bet you’ll have a solid rig.

strutaeng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for updating us. That's great news!

We always hear stories of the bad dealership experiences (like everything else, it's that psychological human effect), but it's good to know there are still good dealerships and techs doing good work out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo