Safety Recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Viviedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a failure with the fuel pump control module while in traffic this weekend The SUV died while driving . There is a recall for 2021 Yukon for this issue but my SUV was not part of the recall but clearly it should have been . Its too much of a coincidence. My Yukon has 14k miles only. I guess just because you are not part of a recall doesn’t mean you won’t experience the recall issue. You just won’t have the chance to get it fixed until the failure happens and that can be catastrophic depending on how fast you are driving amd what road. Have any of you had a similar experience? Makes me hesitant to drive it bc of the number of other significant safety recalls that may apply . Any input is appreciated.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don't be so sure unless you know the lot numbers, parts used, etc. Stuff breaks, even new stuff.

What are the other significant safety recalls for your car that have not been repaired yet?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a failure with the fuel pump control module while in traffic this weekend The SUV died while driving . There is a recall for 2021 Yukon for this issue but my SUV was not part of the recall but clearly it should have been . Its too much of a coincidence. My Yukon has 14k miles only. I guess just because you are not part of a recall doesn’t mean you won’t experience the recall issue. You just won’t have the chance to get it fixed until the failure happens and that can be catastrophic depending on how fast you are driving amd what road. Have any of you had a similar experience? Makes me hesitant to drive it bc of the number of other significant safety recalls that may apply . Any input is appreciated.
Virtually any vehicle can have a fuel delivery issue at any time...I am sure it was scary to have it happen in traffic, but your issue may or may not be related to the inital safety recall on the fuel pump in the 2021's; just because your failure involved the same part, does not mean it was the same issue.

Glad you are safe, hope they get it fixed for you and you are good to go moving forward.

OP
OP
V

Viviedee

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It seems like a strange coincidence .The suv has 14k miles . Problem is some of the other recalls are pretty significant in my opinion. Other recalls- rear wheel drive shaft assembly ( powertrain) brake calibration, fuel tank assembly, power steering loss , and a few others.I can be driving on a major highway amd lose power or worse . I dont feel
Safe driving on highways knowing these things could happen. If it was a failure to add SUVs to the recall then its also possible other recalls were missed.

dancastro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a failure with the fuel pump control module while in traffic this weekend The SUV died while driving . There is a recall for 2021 Yukon for this issue but my SUV was not part of the recall but clearly it should have been . Its too much of a coincidence. My Yukon has 14k miles only. I guess just because you are not part of a recall doesn’t mean you won’t experience the recall issue. You just won’t have the chance to get it fixed until the failure happens and that can be catastrophic depending on how fast you are driving amd what road. Have any of you had a similar experience? Makes me hesitant to drive it bc of the number of other significant safety recalls that may apply . Any input is apprec
Don't be so sure unless you know the lot numbers, parts used, etc. Stuff breaks, even new stuff.

What are the other significant safety recalls for your car that have not been repaired yet?

Plug your VIN into the owners center @ gmc.com, It'll tell you if there are any open recalls...significant or otherwise.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like a strange coincidence .The suv has 14k miles . Problem is some of the other recalls are pretty significant in my opinion. Other recalls- rear wheel drive shaft assembly ( powertrain) brake calibration, fuel tank assembly, power steering loss , and a few others.I can be driving on a major highway amd lose power or worse . I dont feel
Safe driving on highways knowing these things could happen. If it was a failure to add SUVs to the recall then its also possible other recalls were missed.
Unfortunately, it's pretty common to have issues like this in the first couple of years of a new design. But thankfully the probability of experiencing any of the problems is usually a very small percentage. I think the lifter issues affected something like 4% of the fleet at the time, but when people actually did experience it, it was catastrophic to their faith in the car, with some losing entire vacations and their trucks spending months at the dealer waiting for parts.

If there's a silver lining in your case, it's that you've had your frightening experience against the odds, so the probability of having another breakdown remains remote. If it were my truck, I would feel hesitant about it for a while until the memory of being let down fades, but after several months of reliable service and having the recalls addressed, I wouldn't give it another thought. My '07 has 238K and I'd drive it to Alaska tomorrow without hesitation.

As the new generation of these trucks age, the patterns of failures will become crystal clear and enable owners to maintain them in ways that make the odds of a breakdown increasingly remote over time.

neverenuf

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've had the FPCM replaced on my '21 with the Duramax. Engine would die above idle. Fortunately the part was in stock and the repair was completed in a day.

Verywell23

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same issue as the OP happen to me on October 15, 2023. Luckily, I was not driving while it happened. My 21 Yukon XL (27k miles) went to the dealer the next day and I still don’t have it back. We are still waiting on the FPCM to come in. Feeling like there is no end in sight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brian12019