6.0L Fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thankfully I ordered from the 2001 Tahoe part of the catalog. I have the codes too :) I order WAY too many car parts. It's an ongoing joke, I have no car payments, but with as many parts as I buy I pretty well make up for it.

Curious anybody know the specs on the pump? I think that's all that important; I have the flow and pressure to meet 6.0L requirements if any different.
When I was in the middle of my build thread, I was the same way for about a 1.5 years. I justified it in my mind because of no vehicle payments and no rent and no utilities.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's cool is instead of having a payment, I can have a 400+ HP Tahoe all beefed up! While learning how to fix stuff so I don't ever have to pay a mechanic. It's a little rough on the social / single guy life though haha

These trucks are soooooo dang cool! I had a 1994 Z28 I built up, then traded for a 1999 FRC Corvette. Plan was to built up the Corvette; twin turbos, high speed beast. It's already built up a bit easily 400+ HP. However, it's SO DAMN hard to work on that stupid thing! I love it but IMPOSSIBLE to work on. Just ZERO room for anything.

This truck is insanely easy to tinker with. Plus I can push it hard in the mountains and enjoy driving it on trips. No worry about felonies driving too fast! Although, new build pulls like a beast at highway speeds. I bet if I put the hammer down it would easily do 130mph or more.

I kind of hope nobody else catches onto how awesome these are cause I can buy parts all day long for peanuts at the scrapyard.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Omg, I hate changing fuel pumps when you have to take the tank off. That said tank is off. I will be touching up frame, cleaning tanks, and getting everything reassembled.

I cleaned outside, then put some dish soap on inside... I next rinsed it really really well with hot water from my hot water tank. Had tank setting on end so the vent and fill ports could drain it.

Stuck hand in with hose and sprayed everwhere until I couldn't see any more bubbles coming out.

Lastly I took rrags and dried inside, constantly repositioning to get water into sump where pump pickup sits.

Any additional tis while it is all apart?
20221028_221043.jpg

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had replaced the purge valve already or whatever that valve is towards the rear of the tank.

There's a canister toward the front of the tank (front of truck) though. Not sure what it's for? Is that the carbon canister?

Anybody know where I might get JUST the fuel lines that are on top of the tank? They are all plastic and I kind of wonder if they ever go bad. I don't think they have any wear marks from rubbing. Just a thought.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG :(

I watched the A1 auto tutorial to drop the tank. I'm putting it back on now. However, they did it the HARDEST way possible.

You can disconnect the EVAP canister and valve. Then the fuel lines. Slowly lower the tank, and disconnect the pump harness.

Then it comes off without dismantling all these evap lines. They go with the tank. What a mess. Trying to figure out how all these evap lines were routed.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
OMG :(

I watched the A1 auto tutorial to drop the tank. I'm putting it back on now. However, they did it the HARDEST way possible.

You can disconnect the EVAP canister and valve. Then the fuel lines. Slowly lower the tank, and disconnect the pump harness.

Then it comes off without dismantling all these evap lines. They go with the tank. What a mess. Trying to figure out how all these evap lines were routed.

Not sure if this helps but it's from my '04 FF. The larger diameter one goes from the canister to the vent valve.

2021-08-15 Fuel Tank.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia