6.0L Fuel pump?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
OMG :(

I watched the A1 auto tutorial to drop the tank. I'm putting it back on now. However, they did it the HARDEST way possible.

You can disconnect the EVAP canister and valve. Then the fuel lines. Slowly lower the tank, and disconnect the pump harness.

Then it comes off without dismantling all these evap lines. They go with the tank. What a mess. Trying to figure out how all these evap lines were routed.
That is why, when I recommend a member to view you tube, I tell them to watch several videos because they typically are never alike.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That is why, when I recommend a member to view you tube, I tell them to watch several videos because they typically are never alike.

And read up here. I posted several times about leaving the evap lines on. I learned the first time I dropped the tank that they can all stay on, at least on the FF tanks.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And read up here. I posted several times about leaving the evap lines on. I learned the first time I dropped the tank that they can all stay on, at least on the FF tanks.

I see your message now... posted earlier. Thanks!

I kid you not I wrestled the tank under the trunk trying to snap back in the fuel lines on those retainers with it in the truck. After about 30 minutes I gave up and lowered the tank. I quickly saw if I had disconnected only 3 quick disconnects (evap, return, and high pressure) I'd have been able to lower the tank with the lines on it. There's disconnects right on the chassis and evap canister.

I put the lines on the tank... then raised it back up and clipped them into the chassis / hard lines & evap. Was a breeze. Took minutes. I cannot believe A1 auto tutorial did it another way. Their tutorials are awesome but that one they very much got wrong haha

Last edited:

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I left the fuel lines on the truck and just disconnected them from the pump, and snapped them out of their retainers on top of the tank. The splice connectors at the front of the tank, by the crossmember, were too difficult to get apart with the tank so close and it was easier to leave them on the truck.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I watched a handful of tutorials. Several guys took the truck bed off. Others cut holes in their floors. People are crazy haha. In the end I found out there's a very simple way to disconnect three lines from chassis. the harness and it practically falls off on it's own.

OP
OP
Matthew Jeschke

Matthew Jeschke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I left the fuel lines on the truck and just disconnected them from the pump, and snapped them out of their retainers on top of the tank. The splice connectors at the front of the tank, by the crossmember, were too difficult to get apart with the tank so close and it was easier to leave them on the truck.

Why don't they use a Quick disconnect like on the fuel rail? Those stupid plastic tabs are a PITA. When I did things the second time I had to find them blind as there's no way to see where the tank lines attach to the chassis without a mirror, camera, or something.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I watched a handful of tutorials. Several guys took the truck bed off. Others cut holes in their floors. People are crazy haha. In the end I found out there's a very simple way to disconnect three lines from chassis. the harness and it practically falls off on it's own.
I cringe severely every time I see a thread or response about cutting a hole for access. Lazy and stupid IMO.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The dark clip is to hold a couple of hoses together, maybe some evap lines? And the light one, it looks like it's for holding multiple lines (brake?), but I don't recall having either one of those on my truck. Well, the black style one in other places, not with the tank lines.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I have seen the dark one under the hood before, but not on mine. The light one is held in place by the little hat stud and holds a series of same size lines all in a row so they are not flapping around. I don't remember ever seeing it before, though. Properly attached and located zip ties can accomplish the same thing.

Now that I think about it, the dark one I have seen under the hood of foreign vehicles. They can be used under the hood or in other places on American rigs though.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn