5.3 Liter-Does it have an actual PCV Valve somewhere, or just 2 tubes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

carluvar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since I am preparing for a trip up North of over 2,000 miles, I thought it was a good time to do some overdue maintenance work on my 2010 4wd Tahoe. New brakes, new Air Filter, cleaned throttle body and vacuumed the grit from the air box, serviced both differentials and transfer case, changed transmission fluid & filter, new plugs and wires, new belts, flushed radiator & replaced fluid, flushed brake system and replaced all fluid. Went to the dealer to buy a filter for the oil pressure/lifter galley, and asked for a new PCV valve. Parts guy said the 5.3 had two sections of tubing, but no PCV valve. I bought one piece of tubing and he ordered the other. He had printed out the schematic showing the tubing and he gave it to me. I just now looked at the tubing I purchased (driver's side) and it is just a hollow tube. Looking at the "2009-2014 CK1 ENGINE ASM-5.3L V8 PART 2 CYLINDER HEAD & RELATED PARTS SCHEMATIC", it is item #716. Although I asked for new grommets, he couldn't find them. If I am correct, the schematic shows Item # 902 as the grommet and Item #900 looks like a PCV valve. Anybody know if this is the case? If so, I'll order them online, since I couldn't make any headway at the Parts Dept. Parts guy also ordered Item #700, the tube on the Passenger side, which I just got through removing and replacing to clean the throttle body and replace the air filter. It has a grommet in the plastic intake header box downstream of the MAF sensor, but the grommet doesn't show on this schematic. I mainly want to know if the engine has a true PCV valve, and since the truck is 100 miles away right now, I can't look to see for myself. I can find the grommets online eventually, or go to another Chevy dealer down the highway if necessary.
Thanks for your help!
in the left valve cover at the rear is a restrictor that takes the place of the pcv valve, just pull the hose off and use a paper clip and some carb spray to clean. youre welcome, thanks!

OP
OP
A

Amanda4461

Reaction score
in the left valve cover at the rear is a restrictor that takes the place of the pcv valve, just pull the hose off and use a paper clip and some carb spray to clean. youre welcome, thanks!
Thanks for the info. When I get the new tube, I'll just replace them both, clean the original tubes and set them aside for when I hit 200k:rockit:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n