4 Piston Big Brake Upgrade from 2019-20

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blueinkd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So nobody still slap these things on!?! Mine still sitting in boxes but I'm getting tempted to find pads and install them?? I'm not sure if I want to paint the calipers gloss back or red. Kind of don't want them standing out in red but kind of do:/.

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
So nobody still slap these things on!?! Mine still sitting in boxes but I'm getting tempted to find pads and install them?? I'm not sure if I want to paint the calipers gloss back or red. Kind of don't want them standing out in red but kind of do:/.
I 2nd that im eagerly awaiting someone with the 07-14 upgrade kit on now and changes to these.I want to no how much better real life braking is.

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I'm waiting for wheels.....there's like some national wheel shortage going on....COVID-19, Chinese Mfg delays, and container ships parked or something.

So in the meantime, I gave the calipers to a local machinist who is going to shave and smooth them. Then I'll decide whether to paint or powder them.

If my wheels land this week then I'll install this weekend.

I want them in too, as my brakes SUCK!

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or this?

If I sticker it that may create another delay......
I think I'm just going to paint it, as opposed to powder.

1-Caliper-Red.jpg

OP
OP
fasteddy

fasteddy

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You have black TrailBoss Wheels, Yes?
Red would be a nice contrast behind those black wheels.

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well here is my progress.

Cut off wheel on the angle grinder......takes about 2 mins to delete the hump.....on this hump day. Then clean up with my Milwaukee M12 die grinder with a 40 grit flapper wheel.

Hope to get these out to powder coating this week

PXL_20210421_212123340.jpg PXL_20210421_211712990.jpg PXL_20210421_211617622.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094