33 on 22

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stimpy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm wondering if any one can post some pics of some 33ish at or mt tires on 22 inch rims. I found a pretty good deal on some but would like to see some examples to be sure that's what I want.

OP
OP
Stimpy

Stimpy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks loudhoe. Thats the look I'm going for just want to use a slightly smaller tire so as not to throw my gearing off as bad. If I get the wheels I'll be doing spacers and keys.

LOUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dude, your gearing wont be that bad, im running 3.42s with 35s and its my DD, and i get 13.0+ all the time in the hilly country. your gears will be fine, our trucks have plenty of power.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dude, your gearing wont be that bad, im running 3.42s with 35s and its my DD, and i get 13.0+ all the time in the hilly country. your gears will be fine, our trucks have plenty of power.

Not gearing strains the tranny regardless of engine power. I also ran 3.42 on 35s with a 383 motor, it still had more power than my stock burban BUT the tanny suffers. just keep that in mind.

LOUDHOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not gearing strains the tranny regardless of engine power. I also ran 3.42 on 35s with a 383 motor, it still had more power than my stock burban BUT the tanny suffers. just keep that in mind.

My Insurance company payed for my trans to get beefed up the last time i hit a deer...busted the trans cooler, and roasted the trans, now the trans has bigger input, intermeadiatte, and output shafts, transgo jr, 10 pack clutches...its tough

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
then you are in better shape than the othe 99% of guys who lift and do nothing with teh drivetrain.

What insurance do you have? I may need to switch, I know I can find a deer.

OP
OP
Stimpy

Stimpy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yea I not worried bout the tranny, I got a guy who can build it for cost of parts and beer lol. I ended up passing on the rims. Though I could throw my stockers and some cash in and get a trade but didn't work out. Not sure what my stock gearing is, 02 z71. I want 20s but like I said, thought I could get the 22s for next to nothing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmyC