285/60R20 BFG AT KO2’s on my Yukon AT4: fit remarks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did a lot of research to see what was needed to mount these tires on my stock 20”
rims, on my Yukon XL AT4 (air suspension). I did use the Westcott Designs fender liner pullback kit with great success as there’s no rubbing at the rear of the fender liner after doing the mod and the front clears fine with no mod needed.

It’s hard to tell from the photos below but I took some before and after photos to show the additional clearance, which appears to be at least a few inches gained with the bracket. Pro tip: the bolts are metric and I believe require a 15MM socket.

Before:IMG_3558.jpeg

After:

IMG_3561.jpeg

OP
OP
T

TrueAt1stLight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The tire in the above photos is a Bridgestone Blizzak DMV-2 but I just swapped over the OEM rim with the BFG’s mounted. After some extremely helpful feedback from @nick14226 regarding tire pressure and the calculator he supplied, I aired them up to 45 PSI and had them bolted on.

My initial thoughts are the truck rides a lot more stiff, which I’m not sure how much is due to the LT BFG tires or the fact I switched over from my soft snow tires. I’m guessing partially because of both variables. Overall road noise is non-existent with the BFG’s which is a testament to the sound-proofing on these new rigs. Handling, while a little more stiff, is still quite remarkable.

In the looks department, this is EXACTLY what I was hoping for. It give the truck a great stance without any crazy mods or downsizing rims for a bigger sidewall. Also the off-road performance should be profoundly improved vs the stock off-road “pavement princess” OEM Goodyears.

OEM profile:

IMG_3618.jpeg

BFG 285 profile:
IMG_3634.jpeg

A few other photos (BFG 285/60R20 left and OEM Goodyear Territory 275/60R20 on the right):IMG_3300.jpeg

IMG_3630.jpeg

IMG_3635.jpeg

Last edited:

Steve Smith

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great. Have you had them on long enough yet to see what the mileage difference might be?

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks great. Have you had them on long enough yet to see what the mileage difference might be?
I went from the stock 22's on my Denali to 275/60/20 BFGs with Fuel wheels and lost about 2 MPG. Guessing he will see something similar. I wasn't a fan of the harsher ride either so I went back to the stock wheels with a different tire. But I will say the BFGs are the best looking tire. They are incredible in the snow as well.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan

Latest posts