'24 Acadia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many years ago, I rented a traverse LTZ. Loved it, and considered buying one. I am glad I didnt. That 3.6 was, and still is, the worst engine put out by GM.

You keep saying Acadia/Traverse. Dont forget about the other sibling, the Buick Enclave.

yates ™

Resident Apple hater
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We bought a new Acadia Denali several years back, 2018 I believe, it was a comfortable car but left us stranded a few times. Once my wife stopped by the store and when she went to leave to it was just revving, backup camera on but never shifted to reverse. Called the dealer and they said I would have to pay to tow it, still sorry about that one, but drive by it on my way home from work and no one was in front of it so just drove it over. No too long after the battery took a poo, guessing from the repairs. Ended up trading it for Yukon Denali that was a bigger PITA.

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Column Shift? YUCK!
I honestly disagree...given that the "shifter" these days is nothing more than switch gear to give input to the TCM and eventually the electrical actuators in the transmission...why waste great storage space w/ a big knob on the console.

Have a firend that has a 2022 Sierra w/ the funky console shifter...I much prefer the additional console space of my Yukon w/ the dash shifter, than that thing.

I test drove a GLS450 w/ a similar shifter and found it pleasant...other than that is the location of the wipers on my wife's Honda...so could get confusing...but I agree w/ GM, don't throw away great console space on a shifter...to each their own though.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM is going to kill it with the Traverse and Acadia. The Traverse Z71 look really good. I love the size of this new configuration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700