'24 Acadia

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new redesigned traverse looks a lot like all the 'spy' images of the refreshed tahoe. https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2024-traverse

When i worked for GM that first generation of traverse, acadia, outlook, enclave were terrible vehicles. Wonder if these new ones are better. We would rebuild the whole vehicle before warranty was up .

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d rather seek them reveal the refreshed Tahoe/yukon and make it a mid year 2024.5 refresh

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’d rather seek them reveal the refreshed Tahoe/yukon and make it a mid year 2024.5 refresh
I seriously doubt we see it. Historically GM has never refreshed the full size suvs before. They get improvements but not refresh. Maybe get lz0 and some other options like more super cruise availability. I think the spy photos are just next generation mules.

But we will see.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The new redesigned traverse looks a lot like all the 'spy' images of the refreshed tahoe. https://www.chevrolet.com/upcoming-vehicles/2024-traverse

When i worked for GM that first generation of traverse, acadia, outlook, enclave were terrible vehicles. Wonder if these new ones are better. We would rebuild the whole vehicle before warranty was up .
I had an 2007, 2009, 2014 Acadia and loved them. We had little to no issues. I know they had a transmission issue but we were lucky to avoid any of it. Great size on those vehicles. Quite frankly an 2010 Acadia/Enclave felt more like a Tahoe size wise.

tjs3922

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the new Traverse is a killer and will do well. That Z71 version will be a sales winner. The new 2024+ Acadia would be on the same platform/size as the Traverse I would assume. This will be a home run due to the size. We jumped from a 2015 Acadia to a Yukon once we knew the Acadia were downsizing. Right now the 23 Acadia Denali lists at $57K plus for a vehicle slightly larger than a Equinox, not the best value in my opinion. The newly larger Acadia will position GMC better (small -Terrain, medium - Acadia, large -Yukon, Xlarge - Yukon XL).

As my wife and I get older I could see us having an Acadia/Traverse that has decent space compare to a Yukon/Tahoe.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I had an 2007, 2009, 2014 Acadia and loved them. We had little to no issues. I know they had a transmission issue but we were lucky to avoid any of it. Great size on those vehicles. Quite frankly an 2010 Acadia/Enclave felt more like a Tahoe size wise.
I think our 2015 Acadia actually has more room behind the 3rd row seat than a GMT800/GMT900 SWB 3rd row seat

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's crazy guess you were one of the lucky few. Transmission has a wave plate design error. Rides on a lip and cracks every 35 to 60k miles. Tcm goes bad. Valve body fails. Steering rack fails. Water pump fails. Timing chain stretches. Interior controls flake off. They kept us busy but I loved it. Warranty book time paid really well on the transmission and timing chains. Generally the tcm would go bad first. Then a few weeks later back in for the transmission rebuild. I can't imagine how much gm lost on them. Oh yeah I forgot the damn head light bulbs would pay 2 hours lol. Thankfully with a lift you could do it in 30 mins thru the fender well and not have to remove the bumper.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny how the traverse is still considered mid-size when it damn well looks to be as beefy as their full-size SUVs 5 years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA