21 Midnight Blue w/Walnut & Dark Ash Yukon Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Anna64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Brought this beauty home last night. Had the windows tinted today. Have a few before and after pics. Goes in Monday for paint protection and ceramic coating. Listed time frame and pricing for reference. GM upped the prices on the ultimate package since I ordered and the illumination package got lost in the shuffle. Being added afterwards. The protection package with floors was completely dropped.

Love everything about it. Air ride is smooth and interior is gorgeous. HUD is improved from 2020. Handles like a dream and you can feel power of the 6.2L. Did smell the oil burning off after first few rides. Just like a new furnace... was gone after I broke 110 mph on the expressway [emoji38] [emoji1787] [emoji23]

Orderd 9/7/20
Accepted 11/1
TPW 12/7
Produced 12/12
Shipped 12/19
At Dealer 1/5/21, LPOs delayed
Took Possession 1/14/21, some LPOs still delayed

2021 Yukon Denali
Installed Options
Denali Ultimate Package $9,280.00
Power-sliding center console $350.00
Cargo Convenience Package $440.00
22" Black Gloss wheels with Chrome inserts $2,995.00
Midnight Blue Metallic $495.00

MSRP* $85,255.00 Net after GM FF Disc $77,850
Formul One
Windshield tint 50%
2 Front Window Tint 20% w/ceramic
Remaining windows 20% net 5% $595

XPel Paint Protection
Premium Package
-front bumper
-full custom hood
-full fenders
-side mirror caps
-A Pillars
-partial roof
-rocker panel kit(lower section side doors, rocker panels, rear-wheel impact area
Price: $3,395

CreamicProCare
Silver Package(5 yr application )
1 Layer of 9H- lasts for 5 years
1 Layer of top coat
$1,750

Clearplex
Windshield Skin $650View attachment 267865View attachment 267867View attachment 267870View attachment 267871View attachment 267873

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Hi! Glad I found this forum. So, with the pandemic and it being difficult to find a Denali that I wanted, ended up finding one in south Alabama and drove through 4 states to trade for it. I have the Sky Blue Metallic outside color with the walnut/dark ash gray interior. When we arrived at the dealership, the interior color really didn't look like the GM pictures, but I figured I'd get use to it. The "wood grain" trim on the inside is a dirty looking gray, and in some pictures, it looks like other vehicles have brown wood grain trim. I know I could have turned it down and drove 12 hours back home, but......I'm impatient and did a stupid thing a few months back. I thought I wanted to size down since my children are grown and gone. Got a "gorgeous to look at" BMW. Hated it. Hate, hate hated it. I traded my 2019 satin steel metallic Denali with beautiful cocoa colored interior for this. I knew I made a mistake a couple days later. Now this interior, the walnut/dark ash gray. Are you really liking this combo? It's just a weird combo color, and the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking ohmygawsh lol. Maybe if I opened the sunroof a little, it would lighten it up on the inside? I guess my total point is that it looked so much different online than in person, and after traveling 12 hours to trade, and knowing I wanted a Denali regardless, I got it. What are other peoples' thoughts on the walnut/dark ash interior? Also, my previous Denali vehicles had a more shiny finish on the inside, like the storage covers where the cup holders are, and the trim. This seems dull and muted? Is this the new look for the new Yukon Denalis?

Last edited:

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! Glad I found this forum. So, with the pandemic and it being difficult to find a Denali that I wanted, ended up finding one in south Alabama and drove through 4 states to trade for it. I have the Sky Blue Metallic outside color with the walnut/dark ash gray interior. When we arrived at the dealership, the interior color really didn't look like the GM pictures, but I figured I'd get use to it. The "wood grain" trim on the inside is a dirty looking gray, and in some pictures, it looks like other vehicles have brown wood grain trim. I know I could have turned it down and drove 12 hours back home, but......I'm impatient and did a stupid thing a few months back. I thought I wanted to size down since my children are grown and gone. Got a "gorgeous to look at" BMW. Hated it. Hate, hate hated it. I traded my 2019 satin steel metallic with beautiful cocoa colored interior for this. I knew I made a mistake a couple days later. Now this interior, the walnut/dark ash gray. Are you really liking this combo? It's just a weird combo color, and the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking ohmygawsh lol. Maybe if I opened the sunroof a little, it would lighten it up on the inside? I guess my total point is that it looked so much different online than in person, and after traveling 12 hours to trade, and knowing I wanted a Denali regardless, I got it. What are other peoples' thoughts on the walnut/dark ash interior? Also, my previous Denali vehicles had a more shiny finish on the inside, like the storage covers where the cup holders are, and the trim. This seems dull and muted? Is this the new look for the new Yukon Denalis?

Which BMW model did you have and what about it didn't you like?

I'm currently driving an suv and looking at a 5 series for the next purchase.

Anna64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Which BMW model did you have and what about it didn't you like?

I'm currently driving an suv and looking at a 5 series for the next purchase.
I had the x7. Manhattan green with a darkish but beautiful brown leather interior. I think I didn’t like it because I’ve had the big SUVs for 20+ years now, my husband drives a truck, I probably have a false sense of security due to them being bigger, but the Bimmer just didn’t have enough room for storage, such as more than 1 phone, just any do-dad you’d take with you. Didn’t feel like there was enough arm room between driver and passenger. But that’s just me and certainly depends on individual tastes. The pro side was it was turbo, flew like a bullet, was total car eye-candy, mood lighting, all kinds of sweet perks.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the x7. Manhattan green with a darkish but beautiful brown leather interior. I think I didn’t like it because I’ve had the big SUVs for 20+ years now, my husband drives a truck, I probably have a false sense of security due to them being bigger, but the Bimmer just didn’t have enough room for storage, such as more than 1 phone, just any do-dad you’d take with you. Didn’t feel like there was enough arm room between driver and passenger. But that’s just me and certainly depends on individual tastes. The pro side was it was turbo, flew like a bullet, was total car eye-candy, mood lighting, all kinds of sweet perks.
Thanks, it's helpful to have your first hand experience and valid inputs as well. In fact those are concerns of mine and with all the space in my past vehicles that I take for granted may be reason for pause. I can see front passengers stowing things on the rear floor space for lack of more immediate spaces.

miss_chelsy

Reaction score
Hi! Glad I found this forum. So, with the pandemic and it being difficult to find a Denali that I wanted, ended up finding one in south Alabama and drove through 4 states to trade for it. I have the Sky Blue Metallic outside color with the walnut/dark ash gray interior. When we arrived at the dealership, the interior color really didn't look like the GM pictures, but I figured I'd get use to it. The "wood grain" trim on the inside is a dirty looking gray, and in some pictures, it looks like other vehicles have brown wood grain trim. I know I could have turned it down and drove 12 hours back home, but......I'm impatient and did a stupid thing a few months back. I thought I wanted to size down since my children are grown and gone. Got a "gorgeous to look at" BMW. Hated it. Hate, hate hated it. I traded my 2019 satin steel metallic Denali with beautiful cocoa colored interior for this. I knew I made a mistake a couple days later. Now this interior, the walnut/dark ash gray. Are you really liking this combo? It's just a weird combo color, and the more I look at it, the more I'm thinking ohmygawsh lol. Maybe if I opened the sunroof a little, it would lighten it up on the inside? I guess my total point is that it looked so much different online than in person, and after traveling 12 hours to trade, and knowing I wanted a Denali regardless, I got it. What are other peoples' thoughts on the walnut/dark ash interior? Also, my previous Denali vehicles had a more shiny finish on the inside, like the storage covers where the cup holders are, and the trim. This seems dull and muted? Is this the new look for the new Yukon Denalis?
I am glad you said this. The whole time I've been wanting the walnut/dark ash grey. I don't like black interiors bc: Texas heat and didn't want light again bc I stained mine with jeans over the years. Thought the ash grey was a good compromise. It looks fine on the website but I just recently saw some in real life photos and it looks totally different. I do not like it at all. I've seen other people say this as well. Not sure why they did this combo.

Anna64

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am glad you said this. The whole time I've been wanting the walnut/dark ash grey. I don't like black interiors bc: Texas heat and didn't want light again bc I stained mine with jeans over the years. Thought the ash grey was a good compromise. It looks fine on the website but I just recently saw some in real life photos and it looks totally different. I do not like it at all. I've seen other people say this as well. Not sure why they did this combo.
I don’t understand it either, tho I bought it. I’m the same about the teak color. I can see me dropping chocolate on it with the heated seats and ruining it. Sooooo, walnut/dark ash gray it is. The cocoa brown color combo in my 2019 was very pretty. I sure wish I’d never traded it. But glad I could help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094