21+ Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anybody pulled the trigger on custom exhaust yet, or have any idea when the aftermarkets (Borla/Corsa/etc.) are going to start showing up for these? I was going to wait for the chevy performance setup but fear it may be too tame sounding.

BTSRT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whipple wont be coming until mid 2021 (waiting on tunning). I'm waiting to hear back from Corsa and Wilwood.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok guys. I had a nice chunk of accessory credit from GM and bit the bullet on the GM Performance Exhaust. Had it installed today and drove about 30 highway miles and a little bit around town. Notes below...

1. The new exhaust tips are bigger and Chrome with the bowtie stamped on top. There are no holes on the inside of the tips like factory.
  2. The resonators behind the tips are about 1/2 the size of the OEM
  3. There is not a flapper valve on the egress side the muffler (this was standard on the 6.2L)
  4. still a very big suitcase muffler
  5. and still a flapper valve on the ingress side of the muffler just past the flex pipe
The exhaust has nice deep sound, but nothing too crazy. You certainly hear it when getting on the throttle. Highway was good a little bit of drone (with cruise control) that I am assuming is when the DFM kicks, but it goes away. I had cruise set to 75 and I noticed it 2-3 times across the 30 miles. If I applied a bit of gas it goes away instantly. Also, had the stereo off the whole way and no kids fighting.

IMG_4074.jpg IMG_4077 2.jpg IMG_4076.jpg IMG_4070.jpg IMG_4073.jpg

Boone450r

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok guys. I had a nice chunk of accessory credit from GM and bit the bullet on the GM Performance Exhaust. Had it installed today and drove about 30 highway miles and a little bit around town. Notes below...

1. The new exhaust tips are bigger and Chrome with the bowtie stamped on top. There are no holes on the inside of the tips like factory.
  2. The resonators behind the tips are about 1/2 the size of the OEM
  3. There is not a flapper valve on the egress side the muffler (this was standard on the 6.2L)
  4. still a very big suitcase muffler
  5. and still a flapper valve on the ingress side of the muffler just past the flex pipe
The exhaust has nice deep sound, but nothing too crazy. You certainly hear it when getting on the throttle. Highway was good a little bit of drone (with cruise control) that I am assuming is when the DFM kicks, but it goes away. I had cruise set to 75 and I noticed it 2-3 times across the 30 miles. If I applied a bit of gas it goes away instantly. Also, had the stereo off the whole way and no kids fighting.

View attachment 265240 View attachment 265241 View attachment 265242 View attachment 265243 View attachment 265244

Do you have or are you planning to get the performance intake?

I have to take the Escalade in tomorrow for the seat airbag recall (was hoping it could wait till the first oil change, but it started acting up) and am hoping to hear one. The dealership has/had an Escalade with the Performance package installed from the factory.

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have put K&N on vehicles before and pretty much taken them right off. I never liked all of the swooshing intake sound. However, my buddy has the 2020 Sierra with exhaust and intake it seems ok.

OP
OP
TrucksterZ71

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just saw that MagnaFlow has '21 systems out now. Now I have to decide between that and the Chevy Performance ones ...

Bigmanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like GM added + updated the pictures on the accessory page for both single and dual exit. The performance intake is still not listed and I was thinking about getting it with the 25 percent off promo.

640X640.jpeg 640X640 (1).jpeg

OP
OP
TrucksterZ71

TrucksterZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ended up getting the Magnaflow - overall happy, seems a little more responsive (using no actual science), and has a nice tone when stomped. Maybe wish it was a little louder, but no annoying drone which is nice since this is predominantly a family hauler. Terrible picture, but I like the black tail pipe vs the factory look. Went on easy.

exhaust.jpg

d0wnShifT

Reaction score
I'm going for the Magnaflow quad exit for my Z71. I'll have to get the rear valance with the exhaust cutout (P/N 84751055) as well.

Last edited:

debo4x4

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I installed a magnaflow 12909 today on my denali and it's a little louder than stock at idle and you can definitely hear it with some throttle. I removed both adaptive valves and now wishing I didn't as there's some pretty good drone at low rpm. Not sure what I'll do now. I saved the stock setup so I could try adding thr valves back or just go back to stock. I like the sounds but can't take the drone in the family cruiser.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts