2025 Escalade to no longer diesel engine option

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

meatheadgn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I heard from the local dealer and the dealer on the Escalade forum that the LM2 or LZO diesel will not be offered in the 2025 model year Cadillac Escalade. Does anyone know if this applies to the Yukon or Tahoe? We have been waiting for the LZO in the Escalade so this was a big disappointment.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It would be good to know if this is factually true, as this day is going to come at some point. May be mildly interested in upgrading the last year the diesel is in these vehicles.
Wouldn't surprise me really if 2025 was it......

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Diesel will be offered on the GMC and Chevy models. GM revealed the Tahoe/Suburban late last year and made it a point to show that the diesel (LZ0) would be available for the first time in the AT4 and Z71 trims.

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Better MpGs, & an engine that has the potential to last twice as long as a petrol engine,
are beneath what Cadillac thinks Cadillac buyers should aspire to.

ZKWBQD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard from the local dealer and the dealer on the Escalade forum that the LM2 or LZO diesel will not be offered in the 2025 model year Cadillac Escalade. Does anyone know if this applies to the Yukon or Tahoe? We have been waiting for the LZO in the Escalade so this was a big disappointment.
Strongly recommend that you buy a gas powered 2024 model. Chances are in 2025 everything will be hybrid despite the fact that most people don't want one.

Big Bad Allis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Early 2025 models will not have the Duramax as an option. Duramax is supposed to be available on later built 2025's. This will be for all GM SUV's.

BacDoc

Reaction score
not following this part
I think he is saying that Cadillac has a buyer profile that is a high end consumer who doesn’t care about longevity or fuel economy. He is not saying that is right but that is the business model for Cadillac.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think he is saying that Cadillac has a buyer profile that is a high end consumer who doesn’t care about longevity or fuel economy. He is not saying that is right but that is the business model for Cadillac.
ahhhh; that makes sense

Marky Dissod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Saying that:
1. GM THINKS that Escalade buyers would not prefer a 3.0L turbodiesel 6-inline over a 6.2L petrol V8 (I disagree - why is a reliable turbodiesel NOT prestigious?)
2. GM profits off the L87 moreso than off the DuraMedium in the short term & medium term
3. If the DuraMedium lasts too much longer than the L87, that's another Escalade GM failed to sell 'cause the DM engine's still kicking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilflip

Latest posts