2023 YUKON CONSTRAINTS LIST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chad G 1979

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oof, a year since you went thru with lemon law replacement amd just now they are getting you a replacement? Good lordy, if you do the lemon law, they should immediately put a replacement vehicle build into thevsystem and have it be priority build to be done before retail stock orders. Im amazed gms ordering and communication process is so screwed up. Its like they are ran by preschoolers playing a game of telephone and the info gets changed along the way. Hope your gets done soon. Its frustrating that a lot of folks just keep waiting and waiting, and even when progress seems to get made, then there is more seems to crip up to add to the cluster that is going on at gm.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oof, a year since you went thru with lemon law replacement amd just now they are getting you a replacement? Good lordy, if you do the lemon law, they should immediately put a replacement vehicle build into thevsystem and have it be priority build to be done before retail stock orders. Im amazed gms ordering and communication process is so screwed up. Its like they are ran by preschoolers playing a game of telephone and the info gets changed along the way. Hope your gets done soon. Its frustrating that a lot of folks just keep waiting and waiting, and even when progress seems to get made, then there is more seems to crip up to add to the cluster that is going on at gm.
We filed a year ago but it wasn't approved until January. Then the issue was finding a dealer that would do it without doing a markup. Our local dealer wanted to add 10K, so we ended up having to go back to the purchasing dealer which was like 3 hours away. Then the issues with the constraints started, the longest being RSE being removed from the '22. When the 23s started being built it just took a long time before the dealer gotten allotment for Denali. Then they had the technology package constraint on anything except the ultimate, so we ended up having to go up to the ultimate.

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a call from a Chevy dealer (I have orders in queue for both a Suburban and a Yukon XL). The Chevy is an RST with Duramax, Luxury package and Max tow. He said they got an allocation today but I would have to give up the Duramax motor and Max tow package as they are both on constraint. I passed, but kind of bummed. I might be willing to give up the Max tow but definitely won't compromise on the Duramax. I wonder how long this is going to last....

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I got a call from a Chevy dealer (I have orders in queue for both a Suburban and a Yukon XL). The Chevy is an RST with Duramax, Luxury package and Max tow. He said they got an allocation today but I would have to give up the Duramax motor and Max tow package as they are both on constraint. I passed, but kind of bummed. I might be willing to give up the Max tow but definitely won't compromise on the Duramax. I wonder how long this is going to last....
Well that sucks, I’m in line for a suburban Duramax and I’m thinking about just waiting until the 2024 refresh. Mine isn’t accepted it’s waiting right now..so probably not looking good

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did an inventory search of all 2023 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Yukon XLs. Across all four models the number of them that have the Duramax is ~4%. We haven't seen a dealer constraint list on this forum in a few months, but that percentage represents a REALLY tight constraint on the Duramax. On top of that Max Tow is nowhere to be found on any of these 2023 models in-transit to dealers so that jives with other forum members saying that option is on 0% constraint until October.

At this point I'm thinking I'll have better luck trying to win the lottery so I can buy an overpriced used one sitting on a dealer lot than my Yukon XL SLE Duramax w/ Max Tow ever getting an allocation......

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just did an inventory search of all 2023 Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon/Yukon XLs. Across all four models the number of them that have the Duramax is ~4%. We haven't seen a dealer constraint list on this forum in a few months, but that percentage represents a REALLY tight constraint on the Duramax. On top of that Max Tow is nowhere to be found on any of these 2023 models in-transit to dealers so that jives with other forum members saying that option is on 0% constraint until October.

At this point I'm thinking I'll have better luck trying to win the lottery so I can buy an overpriced used one sitting on a dealer lot than my Yukon XL SLE Duramax w/ Max Tow ever getting an allocation......
Yep, agree with your analysis. There is a local dealer here that sells both GMC and Chevy. They have 71 total vehicles on their website between Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XL. This includes 2022's and 2023's and mostly incoming units. I assume a good majority are pre-sold...but out of those 71 vehicles....only 1 is a diesel :)

I just don't understand what is the issue is with building the Duramax. It seems like they could put more focus there but maybe they are trying. I do know that the diesel is the only compelling reason for me to stick with GMC/Chevy. If I have to settle for a gasoline engine then I might have to look more closely at something like the Wagoneer L.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, agree with your analysis. There is a local dealer here that sells both GMC and Chevy. They have 71 total vehicles on their website between Suburban, Tahoe, Yukon and Yukon XL. This includes 2022's and 2023's and mostly incoming units. I assume a good majority are pre-sold...but out of those 71 vehicles....only 1 is a diesel :)

I just don't understand what is the issue is with building the Duramax. It seems like they could put more focus there but maybe they are trying. I do know that the diesel is the only compelling reason for me to stick with GMC/Chevy. If I have to settle for a gasoline engine then I might have to look more closely at something like the Wagoneer L.
Makes u wonder tho with the LM2 being updated to new LZ0 if they won’t do diesels in the suvs until 2024. LZ0 is only for the 1500 trucks for 2023 model year.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes u wonder tho with the LM2 being updated to new LZ0 if they won’t do diesels in the suvs until 2024. LZ0 is only for the 1500 trucks for 2023 model year.
It’s in the order guide and “available” in the SUV. It also shares 75% of the parts with the LZ0 so it’s not like they have a lot of incentive to shut down the LM2 production.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s in the order guide and “available” in the SUV. It also shares 75% of the parts with the LZ0 so it’s not like they have a lot of incentive to shut down the LM2 production.
I have a HC suburban diesel on order but I doubt it’ll get picked up, which is fine I think I’d rather wait for the 2024 refresh.

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know a high percentage on this forum would not only gladly accept a diesel, but prefer it...but real world drivers probably has a different rate of acceptance. I'd imagine most wouldn't even think to buy one, simply because it's not "what they've always driven"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcoop