2023 YUKON CONSTRAINTS LIST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key is excess inventory of vehicles people don’t want….
There will always be vehicle availability that the vast majority of society doesn’t want….

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The key is excess inventory of vehicles people don’t want….
There will always be vehicle availability that the vast majority of society doesn’t want….
The part of that statement that was omitted:

"The key is excess inventory of vehicles people don’t want at a certain price."

If you discount or lower the price of a competing item, more people are apt to buy it.

If you told me I could buy a Grand Wagoneer L for 30k less than a GMC Yukon XL Denali, I'd deal with whatever problems Stellantis might have for $30k less.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score

If you discount or lower the price of a competing item, more people are apt to buy it.

If you told me I could buy a Grand Wagoneer L for 30k less than a GMC Yukon XL Denali, I'd deal with whatever problems Stellantis might have for $30k less.
I still wouldn’t buy it, they’re too ugly lol

bunky319

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I agree with this. While I think the GM solution is a better one, I would certainly consider the Wagoneer L in Carbide trim if the price were low enough (not a fan of the Grand Wagoneer). I'm sure I'm not alone. Manufacturers have to be able to deliver products. I can't drive my superior Yukon XL/Suburban to pick up my kids if it is sitting in 1100 status.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Except you wouldn’t get one for 30k less… as new as these are I’d be surprised you could get 10 K off the sticker. And it’s not like they are flooded on the laws with these not a single local dealer has a grand Wagoneer on the lot….

April20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just spoke with my dealer on Friday and they have allocations, but the actual Premier and HC trims are actually on constraint themselves. As far as he knows, stuff like ACC and ventilated seats are available.
Interesting and thanks- mine said there were no constraints. I’m going to call today to ask again.

GTPace500

Reaction score
Interesting and thanks- mine said there were no constraints. I’m going to call today to ask again.
Please PM me your dealership. The one I'm dealing with is a large-volume dealership and one of the biggest in my area.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Except you wouldn’t get one for 30k less… as new as these are I’d be surprised you could get 10 K off the sticker. And it’s not like they are flooded on the laws with these not a single local dealer has a grand Wagoneer on the lot….

It does appear that the Grand Wagoneer is taking a chunk out of the full size luxury SUV segment. I anticipate Stellantis to continue to make progress as they haven't introduced the Grand Wagoneer L yet.

From a segment share standpoint, the Escalade accounted for a dominant 46 percent share, down ten percentage points from the year-ago quarter. The Grand Wagoneer followed with a 20 percent share, up 20 percentage points. Meanwhile, the Navigator accounted for 19 percent share, down four percentage points from the year-ago quarter. The QX80 earned nine percent, down eight percentage points, while the LX saw six percent, up one percentage point from the year-ago quarter.

Notably, the Lexus LX was the only model in the segment to post an increase in sales volume, which is likely the result of the recent launch of the all-new model.

The full-size luxury SUV segment expanded three percent to 20,097 units in Q2 2022, meaning the Navigator significantly underperformed the segment average.

The decrease in Lincoln Navigator sales during the second quarter of 2022 allowed the Grand Wagoneer to displace Lincoln’s second place position that it typically occupies in the segment. As expected, the Cadillac Escalade continued to lead the space, despite a 15 percent drop in sales volume.

The 2022 Navigator has undergone a mid-cycle refresh, bringing about a few minor changes such as an updated front fascia and a larger center stack screen – changes that seem to be resonating favorably with consumers. Hence, we attribute the Navigator’s Q2 2022 decline to less favorable availability as a result of production disruptions due to supply chain constraints.

April20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Today I chatted w Carlos at GM- he said my order has been accepted and provided a case number. Called dealer (who never called back re: LTZ package) and the first thing he says is, the LTZ package is on constraint. I told him GM said they have accepted my order. His system still showed 1100 and said to call back next week after Tuesday’s system update.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts