2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TollKeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well it’s 4.79 around here. Still plenty High, but I believe they will come closer together by spring. Even with this issue, the dependability, torque, and range still make this package a winner by a long shot.
Not a chance... Most of our Diesel production is being shipped to Ukaine/Russia/somewhere over there..

stevedonato

Reaction score
Seems the bent lifter issue is still happening. My 2022 Z71 with 2300 miles got towed off to the dealer today since it lost power and had tons of errors/alarms. I just heard from the dealer that the lifters are bent. I waited specifically for a 2022 because of this issue, but it happened. They are also not offering the same as is mentioned here: GM Authority Link
What a disgrace from a Billion dollar company. You never hear of Japanese SUV's having lifter problems (especially when new). Time to move on from GM.

stevedonato

Reaction score
Well it’s 4.79 around here. Still plenty High, but I believe they will come closer together by spring. Even with this issue, the dependability, torque, and range still make this package a winner by a long shot.

While this is true, there are plenty of 20 page threads about 5.3 and 6.2 trucks sitting in Midlothian that are already built. Doesn’t matter if they don’t get delivered. And at least when you get it you know it won’t be back in the shop in the first six weeks tearing a brand new engine down for engine issues….
Diesel fuel price has not been close to Gas in the past 20+ years. In the 60's it was half the price of gas? As far as dependability, Quality gas V8 engines can go 300,000 miles. Most old (1990's) GM pickups and SUV's have 250k+ miles and still running fine.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quality gas V8 engines can go 300,000 miles. Most old (1990's) GM pickups and SUV's have 250k+ miles and still running fine.
Quality engines don't have AFM/DFM or whatever the latest moniker is today, and don't drop lifters before the new car smell is gone...

I also remember for sure in the last five years, where diesel and regular unleaded were within 5 to 10 cents of each other. And way less than unleaded premium that 6.2’s need. So yes they have been close together and fairly recently…

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MCDizz

Latest posts