2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seems the bent lifter issue is still happening. My 2022 Z71 with 2300 miles got towed off to the dealer today since it lost power and had tons of errors/alarms. I just heard from the dealer that the lifters are bent. I waited specifically for a 2022 because of this issue, but it happened. They are also not offering the same as is mentioned here: GM Authority Link

OP
OP
A

AmazinglySmooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are only replacing one side per approval from GM. Cam shaft inspection says it is ok. Not very pleased after dumping so much cash on this vehicle.

sanman28

Reaction score
Stuff happens. They are making it right, it sounds like.

sanman28

Reaction score
What sort of head in the sand horseshit is this?
It’s the best scenario you can hope for. The truck is damaged and none of your bravado will change that. Best to realize these things happen from time to time and just make sure they fix it. Sell the truck after if you are butt hurt.

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow that’s bull they only replace one side, idk a lot about engines and mechanics but a $70k vehicle, I’d be pissed

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought this issue was resolved? Maybe there's some validity to the Consumer Reports rating... Should have been an easy fix.