2022 YUKON SLT 5.3 - LIFTERS ADVICE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Appleman88

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If that's just from taking her apart and putting her back together again, that all should burn off in a few days at most. Consider checking around under the hood for anything amiss at the end of each day until you're satisfied.
Thanks alot!

Trahan20

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What was the date of manufacture of your vehicle?
Thought GM had this traced to a certain date range of engines..didn't expect to see any 22's with it...but if they were early enough in the run, its possible...
My 6.2L is at 8500 miles right now..so far so good.

Not sure, but I ordered it in September, took delivery in December. Just got it back today. Dealer replaced both banks of lifters.

steiny93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DO YOU GUYS FEEL THIS TRUCK WOULD BE RELIABLE AFTER ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANYMORE ISSUES AFTER LIFTERS WERE REPLACED? WONDERING IF I SHOULD GET RID OF THIS VEHICLE AND TRADE IN FOR ANOTHER ONE. I'M SURE ILL TAKE A BIG LOSS.
To the reliability question; it depends upon your trust of the dealer doing the work. These trucks are hyper common, in the main they have decent reliability. The quality of the repair is going to be predominately determined by the person doing the work.

Trading for another; if you get the same thing you could easily be in the same state 6 months from now as they have known issues.

I'd vote for putting some faith in the warranty process and maybe get familiar with the lemon law trigger(s) in your state. In my state it's 3 visits for the same issue or 21 overnights in the shop. Wife's Denali has had visit 2 with a case open with GM since January, pretty sure they will be in lemon land before winter hits.

Chief7826

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I too had the bad news on my Yukon 2022 SLT. I purchased it 12/26/2021 for my Christmas present for my self and it has been a nightmare since. Right off the lot I had a "transmission hot idle engine error" when driving home. That took about 3 visits to various dealers to finally figure out and when finally resolved the issue, the truck had about 1780 miles. Ended up being a twisted transmission fluid line. I was glad they figured it out but I'm sure I overheated the tranny fluid quite a few tiimes in-between. The alarm does not go off until 266degrees which I would have to drive at least an hour to replicate. So, quite a few drives where the temp went to 250+. Truck seemed to run fine since.

Now, at 7300 miles got the dreaded "service esc" "service traction control" & "forward collision system unavailable" Towed to a local dealer and they confirmed misfire on #8 cylinder and collaped lifter. I am at my wits end with this truck! I still owe 68K or so but they have totally ruined my new cay buying experience and I don't know what to do about it. I DON'T WANT THIS TRUCK ANYMORE! THIS IS ********!

DO YOU GUYS FEEL THIS TRUCK WOULD BE RELIABLE AFTER ALL OF THESE PROBLEMS? HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD ANYMORE ISSUES AFTER LIFTERS WERE REPLACED? WONDERING IF I SHOULD GET RID OF THIS VEHICLE AND TRADE IN FOR ANOTHER ONE. I'M SURE ILL TAKE A BIG LOSS.
I have the 2021 Yukon SLT, leased 12-2020. My lifter issue was the same and more. only 7500 miles when they had to replace ALL of the lifters and 2 pistons! This is a known issue with GM, I didn't research it as I usually do. So far my engine is fine now, (knock on wood). I now have 9785 miles on the Truck. The only good thing I can say is, it is still under warranty. The Devil is in the details. At least I know what has been fixed as opposed to wondering when my engine will fail. Because of all of the turmoil in the EV market right now, I will purchase this at end of the lease and wait until the market settles down. And yes, I will purchase the extended warranty to keep me covered.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmart157