2022 Z71 Suburban 6.2L bent lifters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

DuraYuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Toyota's having quality problems with their Tundra - enough that Consumer Reports no longer recommends it.

I read that article and gained nothing from it. Price was mentioned as also being a factor. But no real metrics. Strange.

Still if you want limited downtime toyota is so far ahead it isn't even funny. Gm is still having issues with pushrod v8s grenading because of questionable suppliers providing out of spec lifters. That engine is so simple for it to be blowing up is really really embarrassing.

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that article and gained nothing from it. Price was mentioned as also being a factor. But no real metrics. Strange.

Still if you want limited downtime toyota is so far ahead it isn't even funny. Gm is still having issues with pushrod v8s grenading because of questionable suppliers providing out of spec lifters. That engine is so simple for it to be blowing up is really really embarrassing.

As a previous owner of several Toyotas, Nissans, GMs, Fords, I can honestly say they ALL have problems. our Toyota stranded my wife and young son with a starter relay that just quit; then later an alternator; then starter; then bad struts; all before 125k miles.

Ever try to replace a Toyota V8 starter?

Ever had a Nissan clutch safety switch go out?

I finally decided to go with vehicles that are easier to work on and you can get parts. And vehicles that best fit my use case.

They ALL have issues.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven’t see any 7 page threads or multiple threads on multiple forums about 3.0 Duramax failures…Just for the record….
I agree seems to be solid engine. People I know have had problem with def system, but I think they have bugs worked out on that.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I've been following the Tundras.com forum and I haven't seen a single owner that has said their new Tundra is as reliable as their older Tundra with the 5.7.

I think GM will work out the supplier issues by 2024 MY if it's a supplier issue and not a design issue.

As a previous owner of several Toyotas, Nissans, GMs, Fords, I can honestly say they ALL have problems. our Toyota stranded my wife and young son with a starter relay that just quit; then later an alternator; then starter; then bad struts; all before 125k miles.

Ever try to replace a Toyota V8 starter?

Ever had a Nissan clutch safety switch go out?

I finally decided to go with vehicles that are easier to work on and you can get parts. And vehicles that best fit my use case.

They ALL have issues.

I've been following the Tundra forums and there was a guy that ingested water into his new Tundra while off-roading. The bill he received from his dealership was north of $32k. Definitely overpriced but the complexity of repairing a catastrophic twin turbo engine failure is greater than a naturally aspirated domestic V8 failure.

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But when I drive by the gas station and I see that $2.89 for regular and $5.55 for diesel and think about the price for the diesel engine package, well, you know.....

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But when I drive by the gas station and I see that $2.89 for regular and $5.55 for diesel and think about the price for the diesel engine package, well, you know.....
Well it’s 4.79 around here. Still plenty High, but I believe they will come closer together by spring. Even with this issue, the dependability, torque, and range still make this package a winner by a long shot.
nope, just 20 page threads about waiting for their Duramax orders to be allocated....
While this is true, there are plenty of 20 page threads about 5.3 and 6.2 trucks sitting in Midlothian that are already built. Doesn’t matter if they don’t get delivered. And at least when you get it you know it won’t be back in the shop in the first six weeks tearing a brand new engine down for engine issues….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTN_KDA