2022 Yukon Denali ordered ($300 over invoice)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
I live around metro detroit. The dealerships around here advertise their prices with employee pricing, which does not help those who do not have a family member working for GM to get the authorization code. So to answer your question, none of the dealerships have pushed back on using it.

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanted to get some thoughts from the forum on the subject of buying what’s available now to trade it in later (say, 6 months from now) while I wait for what I want. Special shout out to all the members here who’ve helped enlighten me and have provided so much insight on this forum.

Here’s my situation - I have a specific build and very specific color I want, and 6 months of searching GMC inventory showed that the exact combo I’m looking for has shown up exactly once, just outside of Milwaukee (and it was sold). FWIW, I wasn’t ready to buy six months ago when I started the search, hence not putting in a custom order.

Yesterday a rig showed up that matched everything but the color - it’s the #3 color on our preferred list. The salesman even suggested buying it now, ordering what I want, then trading in the original rig.

Question: for those who have done this, what are the numbers, e.g., how much cash am I gonna eat if I do this?

Here’s the timeline:

Buy the “in transit” rig now
Put in the custom order now
In Transit rig estimated to arrive mid-March, pay $80k in March when it arrives
Custom rig gets allocation in June (just making this up, but it is a diesel rig I’m after)
Custom rig shows up in September
Trade in first rig

Is the dealer gonna say, “Well, it’s a new model year, your trade-in value is $60k”? So I basically paid $20k for a 6 month lease? There’s absolutely no way I’d do this. I guess that’s the worst-case scenario, but that’s how my brain has been conditioned to think these days.

Curious to hear thoughts from folks who have done this.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
@Steebu depends how the used market pricing shifts over the next 6 months. If it was right now, there is a chance you could sell your 6mo used rig for more money than you originally paid, or right around same price.

Unknown variables for the future with pricing due to interest rates and availability of vehicles. There will be a "balancing out" moment, where it gets back to normal depreciation levels. Personally I don't see that until atleast Q1 2023

Steebu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Aemycod13 while they might be able to give good pricing, really doesn't achieve the ultimate goal of receiving a rig if they can't get you an allocation. Especially if everybody keeps going to them for this pricing, you are just another number in line.

just my .02

Very true. Just got off the phone with Robideaux - they are extremely up front, honest, and helpful. Bottom line: they are still offering $300 over invoice but they are looking at 10-12 months for any rigs under the current circumstances. If things change for the better it will speed things up.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very true. Just got off the phone with Robideaux - they are extremely up front, honest, and helpful. Bottom line: they are still offering $300 over invoice but they are looking at 10-12 months for any rigs under the current circumstances. If things change for the better it will speed things up.
I see that wait time decreasing significantly.

In 12 months time we'll be into 2023 and the interest rate outlook would have changed significant if inflation holds. A bunch of people who were able to buy these vehicles on credit to date aren't going to be able to once that free money spigot shuts off with the higher interest rates.

Also, in 12 months time, Ford, Toyota, Stellantis will all be in the 1/2 ton full size SUV game. I can't see the current circumstances being the same 12 months down the road.

I would just wait out the next 6-9 months for Ford to ramp up production and Toyota to begin production of the Sequioa before committing to an order.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in same boat. I told my local dealers and they told me to not pass that deal up. You can even get some more off first offer if need be. Contact Mike @ +1 (208) 755-9685 tell him Nate sent you please. Pam doesn’t work Friday through Sunday. It’s best to contact Mike since he’s a salesman.
Just this week, I was in contact with a few dealers around the country, and what it came down to was a dealer down in Texas that was upfront about their pricing (no dealer markups). They had a customer order (Yukon AT4 + AT4 Premium Plus Package) that I tried persuading them to sell to me for $5k over MSRP, but they wouldn't budge. I inevitably had a long conversation on their pricing, and they said they'd order one for me and honor the MSRP. In fact, I just sent him my build sheet a few hours ago. My only concern is the amount of time it'll take for the build, given the long delays manufactures have been having. But, it is what I want.

Erik23

Reaction score
Just this week, I was in contact with a few dealers around the country, and what it came down to was a dealer down in Texas that was upfront about their pricing (no dealer markups). They had a customer order (Yukon AT4 + AT4 Premium Plus Package) that I tried persuading them to sell to me for $5k over MSRP, but they wouldn't budge. I inevitably had a long conversation on their pricing, and they said they'd order one for me and honor the MSRP. In fact, I just sent him my build sheet a few hours ago. My only concern is the amount of time it'll take for the build, given the long delays manufactures have been having. But, it is what I want.
Kind of cold to try and steal someone else’s order who has probably waited 6 months themselves. Not cool.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kind of cold to try and steal someone else’s order who has probably waited 6 months themselves. Not cool.
I would agree with you any other day, but I'm starting school soon (2nd career) and need a vehicle immediately...

However, after doing more research at a few more of my local dealerships today, I found one that would honor the MSRP with no dealer mark up. And, it's nearby. The saleslady and I went through the options I wanted, and she showed me the out-the-door pricing including tax and license. All this order requires is a $2k deposit to get started. No problem... So I'll be returning tomorrow to place my order.

Basically, an all-black Yukon AT4 with black badging, rubber floormats throughout, 6-pot brembos, and AT4 Premium Plus package. Fully frickin' loaded. I've been researching aftermarket wheels for several months now, but can't seem to decide on which forged wheels to go with.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would agree with you any other day, but I'm starting school soon (2nd career) and need a vehicle immediately...

However, after doing more research at a few more of my local dealerships today, I found one that would honor the MSRP with no dealer mark up. And, it's nearby. The saleslady and I went through the options I wanted, and she showed me the out-the-door pricing including tax and license. All this order requires is a $2k deposit to get started. No problem... So I'll be returning tomorrow to place my order.

Basically, an all-black Yukon AT4 with black badging, rubber floormats throughout, 6-pot brembos, and AT4 Premium Plus package. Fully frickin' loaded. I've been researching aftermarket wheels for several months now, but can't seem to decide on which forged wheels to go with.
You definitely need that for "school". Haha. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meandmyhoe20

Latest posts