2022 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sickk21

Reaction score
GM chat told me mine is in transit and my “dealer is in the best position to provide estimated delivery times.” My dealer hasn’t exactly been excited to assist in providing any specific tracking details so that stinks.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GM customer service told me today it now shipped, but wont be more specific. I am hoping they didnt confuse the shipping to the holding yard to the one to my dealer. I hope my status is same as yours.

Regardless, congratulations, hopefully youll be driving it soon!
Thanks, and same to you! My salesman said he thought maybe he'd have it in the next two weeks, but said he has also seen trucks offloaded from the train, and then they sit in a lot for a month before they're ever delivered to the dealership. I reassured him that I will steal it if that happens. :)

Good luck to you as well.

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered my '22 Yukon Denali on 10/06/2021; as a few people have mentioned, dealers are allocated so many Yukon Denali's each week/every other week, etc. When my dealership finally got a Denali allocation, there would be things I'd have to give up: such as the sliding center counsel - which I was fine with...so they'd remove it and wait for GM to accept it. Then, they'd get another allocation, but GM would come back and say "well, this has the ultimate package with the rear entertainment package, and we aren't doing any of the REP right now" - so I agreed to remove it. The next zinger was "Okay, we are also not doing any panoramic sunroofs on any cars right now", which was a HUGE no for me, so I told them I'd wait until they were allowing orders again with a sunroof.

Then I got a call in Feb saying "we can finally build your Yukon! We have a Denali allocation - BUT, we cannot give you the Ultimate/Reserve Package, we will have to break everything down. GM is not building the Max Trailering package; they are also not building any Yukons with the Advanced Technology package which includes: Adaptive Cruise Control, Enhanced Automatic Emergency Braking, Reverse Automatic Braking, Rear Camera Mirror, Rear Camera Mirror Washer, or the Advanced Security Package content. They are not building anything with the Advanced Security Package, which includes: Door lock and latch shields, Inclination sensor, Vehicle interior movement sensor, Self-powered horn, Glass break sensors in rear quarter glass and liftgate window. They are also not building any Yukons with the Adaptive Air Ride suspension."

It was a VERY tough call, but I agreed to move forward without these items; I didn't care about the trailering, as I don't plan to tow anything. The biggest thing for me was skipping on the adaptive air ride suspension...I really hope I don't regret it. My salesman had to submit an entirely new order and it was accepted the same day.

Here's the dates of how my car has moved so far:
- 03/04: Status 2000: Accepted by GM - TPW (Target Production Week) of 04/04/2021.
- 03/14: Status 3000: Order Accepted by Production Control; TPW moved up to 03/28
- 03/28: Status 3400: Order Broadcast For Production (Loaded on Assembly Plant Computers
- 04/08: Status 3400: Order Broadcast For Production (Loaded on Assembly Plant Computers

So, once it's accepted by GM, you can see that it still takes some time to go through the process of then being accepted by production control and THEN being built. My salesman believes it should arrive late-April or early-May. Super excited!
@TahoeSooner I saw your thread and thought I'd share my experience so you can see how it went and multitude of reasons a car may still be sitting in "not officially accepted" status.

If there are ANY options in your order that are on "constraint" your order will not be accepted; this is up to the dealership to figure out what those are, if any. Then you have to wait for the dealership to get an actual "allotment". They don't get many, from what I understand, at least not for the Yukons. Then it goes one step further, GM may call the dealership and tell them they can submit an order for a Tahoe, but only the RST or Premier, not the High Country - so if someone has ordered a High Country, you have to wait until the Dealership gets an allotment from GM, and THEN you have to wait your turn, as I'm sure there's a long line of people waiting for that allotment.

Here are the event codes below. Mine sat in Order status 1100 from the time I placed it (Oct 7th, 2021) to March - and it ONLY moved because my salesman called me and said GM gave them a Yukon Denali allotment, and I was next on the list. Then we had to break down the options, and remove what was on constraint. If I didn't remove the constrained options, my order would not have been immediately accepted (which it was within minutes when the salesman re-ordered it, without the constrained options).

You can see some dates in my post above how it went along the way. It's currently in status 4300 and it went to that status on 04/13/2022, so now I wait for it to be sent via the railway and then shipped to the dealership, which I'm told is about 2 weeks.

Hope this helps!

• 1100 ORDER PLACED AT DEALERSHIP / PRELIMINARY ORDER ACCEPTED
  • 1101 ORDER ENTERED INTO THE SYSTEM
  • 1102 ORDER ENTERED VIA WEB
  • 2000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY GM
  • 2001 ORDER GENERATED TO DEALER
  • 2005 ORDER REPLACED BY GM PROSPEC ORDER
  • 2030 ORDER EDITED BY GM
  • 2051 ORDER CHANGED THRU WEB
  • 2500 ORDER PREFERENCED, SENT TO PRODUCTION
  • 3000 ORDER ACCEPTED BY PRODUCTION CONTROL
  • 3100 ORDER AVAILABLE TO SEQUENCE
  • 3300 ORDER SELECTED, SCHEDULED FOR PRODUCTION
  • 3400 ORDER BROADCAST FOR PRODUCTION (LOADED ON ASSEMBLY PLANT COMPUTERS)
  • 3450 IMPORT VEHICLE PRODUCED
  • 3550 IMPORT VEHICLE SHIPPED FROM PORT OF ORIGIN
  • 3575 IMPORT VEHICLE RECEIVED AT PORT OF ENTRY
  • 3800 ORDER PRODUCED, VIN IS AVAILABLE
  • 4000 VEHICLE AVAILABLE TO SHIP
  • 4104 BAILMENT INVOICE
  • 4106 BAILMENT RELEASED
  • 4150 VEHICLE INVOICED
  • 4B00 ORDER BAYED; VEHICLE IS WAITING ON TRANSPORTATION
  • 4200 ORDER SHIPPED
  • 4300 INTERMEDIATE DELIVERY
  • 4800 RAIL RAMP UNLOAD; VEHICLE AT RAIL ROAD DESTINATION AWAITING TRUCK TRANSPORT TO DEALER
  • 5000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO DEALER
  • 6000 VEHICLE DELIVERED TO CUSTOMER

Robin1105

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Your salesman should have everything, it’s most likely code 1000 which means submitted for order but not accepted. 2000 means accepted by GM. And yea there’s no RSE anymore so it won’t get accepted. Just drop that and add some aftermarket screens for half the price.
What does approved for production mean? Do you have an order number at that time?

Srf471

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I picked up my 22’ Yukon XL Denali on 8/11/22 and two weeks later later it had to be flat bedded back to the dealer with apparent engine failure. Multiple warning lights and messages including check engine and do not operate. After four days at dealer still no word from them.