2021 Yukon strange sound in park

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amfm

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
just don't stand in front of it if you are parked on a incline, witnessed a relatives 21 parked on a boat ramp, parked and parking brake set and it radomnly decided it wanted to lurch forward on it's own about a foot. I will never trust those buttons.
he was already in the process of lemon lawing it but holy crap man!
Far far far too short of a video, also while recording try sticking your phone under the vehicle and move it around under the passenger side engine area and then behind the front passenger wheel and move towards the transmission and then back forward again. the mic on the phone can help determine the noise source.
well I will I had access to the car but it’s currently sitting in the shop ripped apart

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya the noise in that video could litterally be anything and the newer trucks make a lot more "normal" noises than the older ones

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds absolutely awful. I'd probably go with transmission as well based on what @StephenPT posted for that TSB. Hopefully they find it and fix it for you. Best of luck, and report back when it's fixed for our knowledge base here :)

Gearz

Reaction score
You can hear the pump whining while the grinding sound is happening. The transmission sounds like it cavitating like air is in the pump. UGH very disappointing!

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m having this same issue now in my 22 with 17k miles. I’m at the dealer now actually. Hoping good news when they bring it back out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
caprajohn