New 2021 Yukon 6.2l cabin noise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Matz

Reaction score
I hear the "chopper" noise any time the rear windows are down and front windows up. I think it's an air pressure issue and not mechanical . I hear it in the Blazer or the Silverado. If I crack the front window the air pressure is equalized and the beating in my ears is gone . That noise hurts my ears yet my wife and daughter hear nothing. It's the fault of the dogs who "need" the rear windows down .

bradac

Reaction score
im having the same issue in my 21 suburban LT, booming noise if you go over the slightest bump, seems to stop of over 65 MPG, anything over 12 MPG to 55MPH its pretty bad.

All wheels have been road-forced balanced, even different wheels and tires issue persists. It's super annoying as its like being in a subwoofer. Seems to be worst if AC is running at full blast.

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im having the same issue in my 21 suburban LT, booming noise if you go over the slightest bump, seems to stop of over 65 MPG, anything over 12 MPG to 55MPH its pretty bad.

All wheels have been road-forced balanced, even different wheels and tires issue persists. It's super annoying as its like being in a subwoofer. Seems to be worst if AC is running at full blast.
Ever walk into one of those cheap metal sheds when it is windy out? There is a lot of thin sheetmetal on these beasts, especially the roof. You have to wonder if any welds or adhesives are missing in the support structure that these things tend to boom like crazy. Did they ever figure out what was going on with the previous Gen's?

Jettix2

Reaction score
At any given speed when it’s making the noise, if you give it enough throttle to trigger a downshift (and AFM or whatever it’s called now, shuts off), does the noise change? I can faintly
Detect when our 5.3 is running on less cylinders at speeds in the 25-45 range, and it has a slight harmonic like a helicopter, but it doesn’t bother me at all.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues