Yukon Denali 2021 Haunted Nightmare - Request advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the fob is very cold try warming it up, hold tightly in between your hands or breathing on it, etc...

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
I thought I would keep everybody in the loop on this. The dealership and a district manager are now working on a buyback. It does not sound like they are going to fight me on it. I just don't have a timeline though.

4OFFSHR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure that they repay you completely, everything you have paid out of pocket etc.
In terms of working with GM and their Reps that are supposed to call you with answers etc, forget it, they are assholes because they want you to get frustrated enough that you just won't hassle the situation anymore and that you will just go trade the car for something else. They will toss you around with calls saying that someone will call you back, all the while the rep calling you has no info or solution for you, just to tell you that someone higher should be getting back to you soon. Go the Lemon Law Lawyer route, I had to do this years ago with a GMC Acadia, after owning it for 3 years, it was not until that 3rd year that the car starting acting up...and it was the service manager at the dealer where we bought it that just handed me the number for the Lemon Law Lawyer, he said that is the only way you will resolve the issue.
So go through the basics, record the days and the visits and then go through an attorney, they will make sure you are well compensated, and for what these trucks cost now days, you should be entitled to every penny!

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
So the latest in the saga. I received a message from the district manager and an email that they are doing a complete repurchase that will be completed in a week or 2. But here is where the fun happened. They wanted to see if I would be interested in a 2021 escalade 2021 esv and they would work a really good deal. They are cutting me a check for the entire value of the yukon plus tax, title and inconvenience. The main reason, there is an extremely low inventory of Yukon Denali's with ultimate packages because of the microprocessor shortage so they have routed what they have to the arlington plant and they are focused on using them in the high escalades. Can't lie, pretty tempted.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the latest in the saga. I received a message from the district manager and an email that they are doing a complete repurchase that will be completed in a week or 2. But here is where the fun happened. They wanted to see if I would be interested in a 2021 escalade 2021 esv and they would work a really good deal. They are cutting me a check for the entire value of the yukon plus tax, title and inconvenience. The main reason, there is an extremely low inventory of Yukon Denali's with ultimate packages because of the microprocessor shortage so they have routed what they have to the arlington plant and they are focused on using them in the high escalades. Can't lie, pretty tempted.
Sounds good but their idea of a "really good deal" might not be what you think is a "really good deal" Keep us posted. Hopefully all will work out for ya.

Tiredmechanic23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen when the GM rep called me with GM's final answer on if they were going to purchase my Tahoe back. The lady was a total ******* and the call ended up in a shouting match. My next call was to my lawyer and we filed our lemon law case that same day. Now GM will get to cover about 4.5k in legal fees on top of the settlement thanks to Michigan's lemon law rules :) LOL I went out of my way to allow GM to do the right thing but they blew it. Next year when I am shopping around to replace our Honda Pilot with a 70k budget I will remember that :) I was leaning towards a 2023 Suburban but the Jeep Wagoneer is on the top of my list now due to GMs actions with our Tahoe issues.

Sounds like my experience before the brake recall on the last gen. I was 1k out of warranty when mine failed and they refused to cover it. Lady on the phone was rude as hell and told me to kick rocks. It took forever for a recall to be made and get my money back.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
So I was contacted by the buyback rep. The preliminary amount looks to be all the expected stuff. Cost of the vehicle, all the payments and interest, tax, registration fees. That's the good side. Now I am pushing them for some sort of compensation for all the crap I had to deal with. Because the inventory is trashed because of the micro processor shortage (no heavy duty trailering or air ride so no ultimate packages), they are going to work some price magic on an Escalade ESV Sport that they have. I still am kind of hesitant because there is no way that they are going to gift me an extra 30k but I am open to possibilities.

Gibby13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I was contacted by the buyback rep. The preliminary amount looks to be all the expected stuff. Cost of the vehicle, all the payments and interest, tax, registration fees. That's the good side. Now I am pushing them for some sort of compensation for all the crap I had to deal with. Because the inventory is trashed because of the micro processor shortage (no heavy duty trailering or air ride so no ultimate packages), they are going to work some price magic on an Escalade ESV Sport that they have. I still am kind of hesitant because there is no way that they are going to gift me an extra 30k but I am open to possibilities.

I saw some with super cruise in transit but couldn't talk my wife into one, she liked the Denali more.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
korzone

Latest posts