Yukon Denali 2021 Haunted Nightmare - Request advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will say the customer service rep that just called me was the most demeaning, condescending person I have had the pleasure of dealing with. Does anybody know how to escalate a case with GMC?

here in NY you can file a complaint with the DMV in the dealership / car repair area and they send a investigator over to the shop, once he walks in there tails tuck between their legs and start making things happen. Used them twice and won both times.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always been a GM guy and have been waiting for this redesign going on several years now. The stories of unreliability and GM's tactics have made me hesitant. I've looked at various brands from Ford, Audi including Mercedes and they all have new tech issues. The one brand I'm hopeful for is Lexus, they should be introducing new SUV models soon. They have about the best reliability record though I'm not fond of the styling. It used to be simpler to find something so for now I'm keeping my 2012 and fighting the urge.

I feel the same way always loved my GM suvs, I am holding onto my 01 Tahoe that is very reliable still for as long as I can and my next purchase will be a Toyota 4 runner. Although it’s not as big and not a v8 it’s the next best suv look wise and reliability wise that I can see . Power wise feels very similar to my Tahoe.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
I feel the same way always loved my GM suvs, I am holding onto my 01 Tahoe that is very reliable still for as long as I can and my next purchase will be a Toyota 4 runner. Although it’s not as big and not a v8 it’s the next best suv look wise and reliability wise that I can see . Power wise feels very similar to my Tahoe.
Funny my wife has a 2010 Lexus RX350. It has NEVER had a problem. God the thing drives like it did the day we bought it.

sheltn

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Funny my wife has a 2010 Lexus RX350. It has NEVER had a problem. God the thing drives like it did the day we bought it.

I have a 2011 rx350 and I LOVE it. Never had a problem with it. I wish the bigger Lexus worked but I really need a three row SUV with captains chairs.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2011 rx350 and I LOVE it. Never had a problem with it. I wish the bigger Lexus worked but I really need a three row SUV with captains chairs.
I hear ya. I would purchase a Tahoe or Suburban sized Lexus in a heartbeat. Their quality is awesome. I am looking forward to the intro of the production Jeep wagoneer and Grand wagoneer this Thursday at noon. I also can't wait to see what the new complete redesign of the Toyota Sequoia looks like later this year. GM's has a major quality issue this year and their refusal to recall the v8 engines with the bad valve springs and lifters is chasing me away to another company when I replace our mid sized Honda Pilot next year with a larger full size suv. I was leaning towards a diesel 2022 or 2023 Yukon but until GM gets their act together I am not buying a second lemon from them. I'll keep my current lemon 2021 Tahoe until we get our lemon law settlement in a few months.

drmoose

Reaction score
So we "lemoned" our last vehicle, right before getting the '21 Suburban. Similar to you, ours was in the shop for 35 straight days. It was finally fixed, but the confidence was broken, and I had also decided that the vehicle was a bit small. Unlike you, we had no issues with the company - the whole process took about 3-4 weeks (they didn't fight or give any grief - assumingly because the law is pretty straightforward). I cannot understand why GM would fight it since the 30 days is crystal clear in state law ( not sure every state but seems like most) , and they cannot win. All they will do is burn cash for the lawyers, and waste time.

In the end the buyout offer was exactly what the law said it should be - every dollar we spent (including a rental we needed due to the loaner we had being too small for a family trip) minus the usage fee. They also offered a cash payout where we keep the car. We almost took the buyout, but when I realized we would be buying a new vehicle I quickly changed my mind and took the payout. The payout was maybe 1-1.5k or so less than what they buyout would have left in our pocket, but in our state you do not pay sales tax on your trade-in value. So I paid off the trade-in, and used it to offset about 4k in taxes on the Suburban.

I suspect 2020-2021 will be record years for lemon vehicles- due to parts shortages and wait times in the service bay...

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
An interesting question came up from the dealership regarding this vehicle. They asked me again specifically about the use of a FireTV streaming device plugged in. I told them I did have one but it was not in use during the failures.

Please tell me that the software system of this vehicle could not possibly be brought down by plugging in a firestick and usb power right??? Like there is no way on earth right?

They still aren't fighting me. I am just waiting for the buyback person to have a valuation created I guess or something. The waived the mileage use and some other stuff and they are being pretty good but that question scares the daylights out of me.

Any thoughts?

Toasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An interesting question came up from the dealership regarding this vehicle. They asked me again specifically about the use of a FireTV streaming device plugged in. I told them I did have one but it was not in use during the failures.

Please tell me that the software system of this vehicle could not possibly be brought down by plugging in a firestick and usb power right??? Like there is no way on earth right?

They still aren't fighting me. I am just waiting for the buyback person to have a valuation created I guess or something. The waived the mileage use and some other stuff and they are being pretty good but that question scares the daylights out of me.

Any thoughts?

Anything is possible, really. Could be specific issue with a certain device and/or that device's firmware, or an application on said device.

OP
OP
M

maddocmatt

Reaction score
Well here is the end of this. GM bought back the vehicle. All papers are signed and they reimbursed me for absolutely everything. No additional funds for inconvenience or anything but I guess they did their piece. Can't buy a new Denali with ultimate package though since there is the chip shortage. Looks like I either wait for the chips to become available or I can buy an Escalade 2021 Sport ESV. Escalade is pretty sweet but it's way more expensive. But at least the haunted Yukon is no more :D.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well here is the end of this. GM bought back the vehicle. All papers are signed and they reimbursed me for absolutely everything. No additional funds for inconvenience or anything but I guess they did their piece. Can't buy a new Denali with ultimate package though since there is the chip shortage. Looks like I either wait for the chips to become available or I can buy an Escalade 2021 Sport ESV. Escalade is pretty sweet but it's way more expensive. But at least the haunted Yukon is no more :D.
CONGRATS!!!!!!! I hope I have the same luck when I get my settlement via Lemon Law litigation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mmikem01