2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I painted the calipers with VHT caliper paint and clear. I also painted the backing plates black, not pictured but they were not coated so I didn't want them to rust. Backing plates are a bolt on, no modifications at all.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stock 22's do not clear. You will also need to get 10x1 banjo bolts. Factory is a course thread, my calipers are fine.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a bust for me. I'm going back top the stock assembly. I don't have time to work on this. This set up will be for sale for what I have in it.

cadieext11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is a bust for me. I'm going back top the stock assembly. I don't have time to work on this. This set up will be for sale for what I have in it.
Yeah I had to get different banjo bolts as well and noticed my stock 22s slightly hit the caliper which won't be a problem as I plan to get after market wheel with a bigger offset . Sorry to hear it did not work out for you.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes spacers would work but I'm really funny about all of that. Spacer here, shim there and before you know it, its no longer safe or dependable. I ordered a Power Stop kit yesterday so plans are to go that route next weekend. I might just keep these on the shelf for another day but if someone wants the set up, PM me.

cadieext11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have done the power stop Z36 on a 04 on all four corners and it was for sure a noticeable difference.

OP
OP
ivin74

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Yes spacers would work but I'm really funny about all of that. Spacer here, shim there and before you know it, its no longer safe or dependable. I ordered a Power Stop kit yesterday so plans are to go that route next weekend. I might just keep these on the shelf for another day but if someone wants the set up, PM me.

If you don't mind me asking how much $$$$ do you have in the ppv set up?
Wondering if its worth the time and effort than just going the aftermarket way.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This set up will give you 6 piston Brembo calipers and 16" disk brakes for the front of your truck. This was purchased for my 2019 Yukon but might fit others. They would not clear my wheel so my loss is your gain. To the best of my knowledge you will need a 28mm offset wheel or greater for this to work but that is a guess!

I have approx $1600 into it with shipping and taxes. Prices below are approx. I can send you receipts.
Rotors #604-47086 Dynamic Friction $285
Calipers #84793057 and 58 $830
Pad pins #85153957@2 and Brake Shields #84763236 and 35 $101
AcDelco Pads #84997498 $358
Banjo bolts $10
I'll also throw in Powerstop rear ceramic brake pads.
I painted and cleared calipers, not professional but I used caliper paint as well as the backing plates. I mounted one as test fit, it had fluid in it but never got it close enough to bleed. The other one was not touched. Prefer local pick up in Central FL. $1300 or best offer

TH

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt