2021 Tahoe PPV massive oem brakes, 16"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DonutGodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hate to beat a dead horse. Late to the game but also interested. 2018 Yukon SLT w/ 22’s. From what you all are saying is this setup won’t fit/clear the wheels, correct? Is it just the calipers that won’t fit?

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine would not clear, they are 24mm offset. Spacers would have worked but I didn't want to go that route.

DonutGodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Depending on the wheel offset you might have to run some spacers.
I’m curious of why, if PPV’s can run them why can’t we? Lol just strange to me I guess. I was wanting to save some money doing it this way and having great stopping power. I may just have to go with SSBC

cadieext11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m curious of why, if PPV’s can run them why can’t we? Lol just strange to me I guess. I was wanting to save some money doing it this way and having great stopping power. I may just have to go with SSBC
It might just be the wheels the ppv tahoe is running 20s they just might have more clearance around the caliper.

DonutGodd

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It might just be the wheels the ppv tahoe is running 20s they just might have more clearance around the caliper.
They must. I got a look at a 22’ ppv at work today from the Cherokee Nation Marshal service and those calipers are pretty close to the spokes of the wheels. I imagine it’s just the back spacing of the spokes that interfere with the increase in width of the caliper. I may just have to go with SSBC on this deal cause I don’t wanna have to fab anything and make stuff less reliable.

THarber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its in the offset. The newer wheels have more than my 2019 to clear the calipers. I posted somewhere what the difference is but don't remember exactly. I believe mine is 24mm and 2022 is 31mm, so you're looking at .27 of an inch difference. Again, I could have used a spacer and unless someone wants to buy this setup, I might go that route in the future. Now my kid is telling me I have all this backwards so I don't know......bottom line a spacer will work and I don't know what off set means.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts