2021 Leveling/Larger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
please post the pics!

i replaced the stock tires with same size bfg ko2s on my ‘16 ltz 4wd tahoe at 26k when the stock crap tires wore out. I have put 50k on the ko2s and have no regrets.

Planning on doing the same once my stock wranglers wear out in my at4. Ive already had a stick go through my sidewall. These tires are garbage so hopefully they wear out sooner than 26k.

View attachment 267037

Scheduled to have them installed tomorrow and front window tint. The weather is a little iffy but will get some photos up in the next couple of days.

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I dont understand why people have to “wear the tires out” before changing them out. If you dont like them, dont suffer through it for 25+k miles, sell them while they are new and put the money toward your new set.

I negotiated in the purchase pulling the stock tires off and installing the BFG KO2s. I can’t remember if it was $400 or $500 but they agreed to replace the tires with same size BFG KO2s and install Chevrolet floor liners and cargo liners. Thought it was a great deal.

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Quick question, new tires, same size, are going on today. The service manager said with a new vehicle (only 300 miles on it), I won't need an alignment with the new tires. Does this sound right? I've always had alignment done with new tires but it's always been on older vehicles with more miles. I thought the alignment had more to do with the new tires then the age/mileage of the vehicle. Thoughts?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alignment is of the hard pars...can a tire cause issues...yes. but generally the alignment highlights worn hard parts.

you have this performed when installing new tires so not to wear them prematurely

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tires put on today but tint won’t be done until later (tint guy left early).

Here’s some pictures of the 2021 Z71 Tahoe with new BFG KO2 tires (stock size 275/60/20). Truck has air suspension so I took different photos at the lowest setting and the Normal setting.

It was rainy so not the best photos but hopefully this helps folks get a look at what to expect. I love the way they look on the Normal Drive height and they ride great!

E5079426-4D4A-4E0A-913A-6FB27C069A30.jpeg

CCC02213-5EBC-4658-9F5B-6E2A0C336162.jpeg

79D16377-B055-4294-A204-5C67BF438727.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Here’s some pictures of the 2021 Z71 Tahoe with new BFG KO2 tires (stock size 275/60/20). Truck has air suspension so I took different photos at the lowest setting and the Normal setting.

It was rainy so not the best photos but hopefully this helps folks get a look at what to expect. I love the way they look on the Normal Drive height and they ride great!

View attachment 267463

View attachment 267464

View attachment 267465

Heck yea man looks good!

how does it look in off road mode?

JR09country

Reaction score
Thanks!

I will take some more tomorrow and make sure I document what photos are taken at what height.
Nice. Id be curious how the ride is in offroad mode. Some one posted earlier in the thread a link to sensor adjuster where you can keep it that way in "normal" mode .

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Bryingram4

Reaction score

View attachment 267463

View attachment 267464

View attachment 267465
Looks great!! Do you or does anyone else know if it is possible to go any larger on the tire size while still keeping a 20” wheel??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
DWSmoot

DWSmoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m leveled and running a 11.6” x 33.6” diameter tire. 22” but wheel size doesn’t matter. Just focus on overall diameter. Also seen several folks running 33x12.50 with a level.