2021 Leveling/Larger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’m a new 2021 Z71 Tahoe owner and am changing the tires from the stock Goodyear Wranglers to something else. I have upgraded tires on other vehicles and have historically used BFG KO2. I love the BFG KO2s but since the vehicle is new I’m trying to decide what to put on and have some questions.

My Tahoe has the air suspension and I want the best of both worlds. I want the wheel well to look good and full and don’t want any rubbing. I’m considering slightly larger tires but don’t want to mess up a good thing. The vehicle will primarily be in Normal ride height and drop to the lowest ride hide when exiting/entering the vehicle. I don’t care what the Tahoe will look like if I raise it above Normal height because that will only occur when on my job sites and that’s extremely rare.

So, my questions:

1. Does anyone have BFG KO2 tires on the 2021 Tahoe?
2. Does anyone have Nitto Ridgegrappler or Terragrapplers on the 2021 Tahoe?
3. Has anyone with the air suspension put on larger then stock tires?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the past i was a huge fan of the BFG's...somewhere around the late 90's - early 2000's, the compound went to crap and they wore really fast...i switch to the TOYO brand of AT or MT tire (depending on vehicle)...AND HAVE NEVER LOOKED BACK.

the newer AT2 and AT3 are amazing tires, and regularly wear to 65K miles with no issues.

GeauxTahoeGeaux

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The more I've thought about it, I'm going to go with BFG KO2s in the stock size 275/60/20. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize ride quality, MPG, etc.

The dealer will install them next week. Will post pictures in case anyone is curious.

Artem-G

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve got BFG KO2s on 18” tires on my 2021 Yukon. The ride quality is way better, but the grip on flat asphalt pavement is very bad compared to stock tires.

With stock tires, spinning the wheels when starting in 2WD was very rare, and would almost never happen in AWD.

With KO2s, wheel spin is typical even in AWD mode. In 2WD, I tend to drift every time I accelerate when turning!

Oh well, I guess city/highway driving was never supposed to be KO2’s strength.

F42281B9-5D82-46D6-BE72-362E312C80E3.jpeg

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve got BFG KO2s on 18” tires on my 2021 Yukon. The ride quality is way better, but the grip on flat asphalt pavement is very bad compared to stock tires.

With stock tires, spinning the wheels when starting in 2WD was very rare, and would almost never happen in AWD.

With KO2s, wheel spin is typical even in AWD mode. In 2WD, I tend to drift every time I accelerate when turning!

Oh well, I guess city/highway driving was never supposed to be KO2’s strength.

View attachment 266850

FYI,
Auto (on upper left on selector) is 'Automatic Four-Wheel Drive'... not AWD

its for 4hi when conditions vary

Jsenky

Reaction score
The more I've thought about it, I'm going to go with BFG KO2s in the stock size 275/60/20. I don't want to do anything to jeopardize ride quality, MPG, etc.

The dealer will install them next week. Will post pictures in case anyone is curious.

please post the pics!

i replaced the stock tires with same size bfg ko2s on my ‘16 ltz 4wd tahoe at 26k when the stock crap tires wore out. I have put 50k on the ko2s and have no regrets.

Planning on doing the same once my stock wranglers wear out in my at4. Ive already had a stick go through my sidewall. These tires are garbage so hopefully they wear out sooner than 26k.

AF36D42A-9FF5-4A3D-9543-5FD99CCB3C0B.jpeg

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
please post the pics!

i replaced the stock tires with same size bfg ko2s on my ‘16 ltz 4wd tahoe at 26k when the stock crap tires wore out. I have put 50k on the ko2s and have no regrets.

Planning on doing the same once my stock wranglers wear out in my at4. Ive already had a stick go through my sidewall. These tires are garbage so hopefully they wear out sooner than 26k.

View attachment 267037

I dont understand why people have to “wear the tires out” before changing them out. If you dont like them, dont suffer through it for 25+k miles, sell them while they are new and put the money toward your new set.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i regularly sell mine off with very good tread life left. i lean towards the Toyo AT...65K mile tire, only a set or two have i kept that long. i generally remove about half way to upsize or just to have a fresh look

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts