2021 Leveling/Larger tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireslayer308

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting these pictures. Installed the 2" RC lift last week. Went with 285/60R/20 Ridge Grapplers on the stock 20x9 wheels with 2.25" BORA wheel spacers (minor plastic trimming involved); GM roof rack crossbars; K&N CAI, window tint, and removed the badges. Next mods will be a full Corsa exhaust system with quad tips, and tuning when it becomes available.

Tahoe 1.jpeg

Attachments

• Tahoe 7.jpeg
    Tahoe 7.jpeg
    544.7 KB · Views: 125
  • ITahoe 6.jpeg
    ITahoe 6.jpeg
    678.5 KB · Views: 119
  • Tahoe 4.jpeg
    Tahoe 4.jpeg
    702.4 KB · Views: 115
  • Tahoe 2.jpeg
    Tahoe 2.jpeg
    822.5 KB · Views: 114

VAguy68

Reaction score
Finally getting around to posting these pictures. Installed the 2" RC lift last week. Went with 285/60R/20 Ridge Grapplers on the stock 20x9 wheels with 2.25" BORA wheel spacers (minor plastic trimming involved); GM roof rack crossbars; K&N CAI, window tint, and removed the badges. Next mods will be a full Corsa exhaust system with quad tips, and tuning when it becomes available.

View attachment 355896
that looks really good. Are the spacers needed to keep them from rubbing?

Fireslayer308

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
that looks really good. Are the spacers needed to keep them from rubbing?
No the spacers are not needed. They simply give the wider offset/stance I was looking for without having to replace the wheels. Ideally, when I lift my trucks I prefer a 20x10 wheel with a -24 offset, no spacers. I would compare this setup on the Tahoe to a aftermarket 20x9 wheel with a -12 offset. The tires stick out about 2" outside the fender. If you decide to use wheel spacers do NOT by cheap Chinese Amazon garbage. These spacers are custom made when ordered. Stick with BORA or Spidertrax wheel spacers and your good to go. There are a couple other brands out there but these are definitely the most well known, made in America, and thoroughly vetted in the Jeep communities. Proper installation and torqueing is key.

Last edited:

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The spacers simply give the wider offset/stance I was looking for without having to replace the wheels. Ideally, when I lift my trucks I prefer a 20x10 wheel with a -24 offset, no spacers. I would compare this setup on the Tahoe to a aftermarket 20x9 wheel with a -12 offset. The tires stick out about 2" outside the fender. If you decide to use wheel spacers do NOT by cheap Chinese Amazon garbage. These spacers are custom made when ordered. Stick with BORA or Spidertrax wheel spacers and your good to go. There are a couple other brands out there but these are definitely the most well known, made in America, and thoroughly vetted in the Jeep communities. Proper installation and torqueing is key.
I understand all that…but as he asked, were the spacers needed?

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haaaa…you edited it because the question went unanswered. You did a lot of babbling, which was all good info, but indeed did not answer the question.

Anyway, thanks for the edit. As he had asked, i too was curious if they were actually needed or not. Sometimes bigger tires will rub on steering knuckles or other things that actually require the spacers (or aftermarket wheels) to physically be able to drive.

Your tahoe looks killer imo!

VAguy68

Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I've never been a fan of the tires outside of the fenders look. I do however like the look of taller tires on stock wheels with a moderate lift. I'm quickly running through the life of the stock tires and when I have to buy new tires, I want a plan to get the look I'm going for. Your look is what I'm looking to do Fireslayer...just not the tires past the fenders. :)

Fireslayer308

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks for the clarification. I've never been a fan of the tires outside of the fenders look. I do however like the look of taller tires on stock wheels with a moderate lift. I'm quickly running through the life of the stock tires and when I have to buy new tires, I want a plan to get the look I'm going for. Your look is what I'm looking to do Fireslayer...just not the tires past the fenders. :)
It looked great IMO without the spacers as well. I drove it that way a couple days until the spacers arrived. Unfortunately, no pictures taken before the spacers were installed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Georgia 4Low