2021 Chev Tahoe Z71 Engine Trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tlanham

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Beyond pissed off!! With 7,350 miles Engine started very rough, jerks on acceleration, Trans shifting very ******* all shifts. Instrument panels indicated service traction control, forward collision system unavailable, check engine light, etc.
Scanned DTC codes,found cylinders 2 misfire.

Found damaged lifter, replaced Cyl 2/4 lifters,lift guide,cylinder pushrod replaced that was bent. Replaced cylinder 2 sparkplug, performed oil change, vacuum filled coolant, cleared DTC Codes.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beyond pissed off!! With 7,350 miles Engine started very rough, jerks on acceleration, Trans shifting very ******* all shifts. Instrument panels indicated service traction control, forward collision system unavailable, check engine light, etc.

Found damaged lifter, replaced Cyl 2/4 lifters,lift guide,cylinder pushrod replaced that was bent. Replaced cylinder 2 sparkplug, performed oil change, vacuum filled coolant, cleared DTC Codes.
Sorry to hear this. GM refuses to start a recall on this and is rolling the dice fixing engines as they blow up and leave their customers without engine power. But hey on the bright side I just got another recall. This one is on seatbelt routing for the 3rd row. I will feel so much more safe once that is taken care of ---------NOT!!!!!

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Bent pushrod, but valve and piston were okay? Why was that one spark plug replaced?

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you can get them to replace all the lifters and valve springs while they are in your engine. GM knows they have a bad batch of both. I swear if this happens to my engine I am going to drive or run it until it blows the hell up!!!!!! I would rather have a new engine than have my $65,000 vehicle in the shop getting it's engine torn apart. GM is dropping the ball on this and next year when I replace our Honda Pilot with a full size SUV GM might not make the list. I am praying the Toyota Sequoia redesign kicks ass. I am so done with GM for awhile.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The pleasure is mine. No issues yet and don’t anticipate any. But if there is, well that’s what warranty is for!

Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I love my Tahoe and like the looks of the new rigs but there are signs/info from other new owners that you will get to a first name basis with your warranty rep.

Brkin990

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum from Oregon.

I love my Tahoe and like the looks of the new rigs but there are signs/info from other new owners that you will get to a first name basis with your warranty rep.
Thank you for the welcome. Time will tell about the warranty. But until then, we are loving the new Tahoe. Still have an ‘05 Tahoe that is very reliable with 230k

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645