2020 Tahoe..Air Dam

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phil Rosche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Tahoe with 4WD. The front air dam looks really NASCAR, it hangs down really low. I'm sure my offroading is less than 1% of my driving, but I do occasionally drive in the sand, snow, and mud.

I'm worried about how low the air dam is. It says something in the owners manual about taking it off if you anticipate getting it hit offroading.

Is there an aftermarket air dam that doesn't stick down so low?

What have other folks done?

Thank you

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2020 Tahoe with 4WD. The front air dam looks really NASCAR, it hangs down really low. I'm sure my offroading is less than 1% of my driving, but I do occasionally drive in the sand, snow, and mud.

I'm worried about how low the air dam is. It says something in the owners manual about taking it off if you anticipate getting it hit offroading.

Is there an aftermarket air dam that doesn't stick down so low?

What have other folks done?

Thank you
Welcome to the forum from Iowa.

One thing folks have done is trim some off of the bottom of the air dam. On older generations, they have also been able to find one off of a PPV version as they have been a little narrower.

OP
OP
P

Phil Rosche

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
How much shorter (less wide?) do you think it is than the one that came on the Tahoe?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just drive it & if it gets rock rash, then trim it a bit.
saves the crazy $$ that GM wants for the PPV version for other mods ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laurents10