2020 snowflakes on 2008, tire pressure sensors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

captain63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I got an awesome deal on some 20” takeoffs from a 2020 gmc truck and I put them on my 2008 Tahoe. They look awesome and fit good, but the tire pressure sensors will not mate up to it’s computer. I’ve tried the procedure for the 2008 and that didn’t work. I also tried using the TPS tool and had no luck. Don’t want to break down new tires and wheels, so do I have any more options ?

Reaction score
Get one of those TPMS delete boxes that's talked about in another thread a while back. I think it costs about $100, plugs into 12v for power and gives a fake TPMS signal so you don't need the actual sensors in the wheels.

Edit:

User Jolly Roger talks about it in the post "antennas sticking out of my tires"

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=17772&share_type=t&link_source=app

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

captain63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Wondering if a person could turn it off with HP tuners or other tuning software...

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I got an awesome deal on some 20” takeoffs from a 2020 gmc truck and I put them on my 2008 Tahoe. They look awesome and fit good, but the tire pressure sensors will not mate up to it’s computer. I’ve tried the procedure for the 2008 and that didn’t work. I also tried using the TPS tool and had no luck. Don’t want to break down new tires and wheels, so do I have any more options ?

Pictures or it didn't happen. TYF rules, lol

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can’t turn it off but any tire store can install new sensors by just letting the air out and breaking the beads.
Edit: or you can do it yourself. Put your tire under the back bumper and use your jack to break the bead.

OP
OP
C

captain63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So I got the TPMS sensors alarm turned off and it didn’t cost a dime. I pulled out in the driveway and pulled my 2012 Sierra out there with the Tahoe. I put the Tahoe in tire learning mode and pulled the Sierra next to Tahoe and started letting air out of Sierra tires one at a time ( moving the Sierra around to different tire locations letting air out at each tire) and what do you know IT WORKED. Now the light is off and will never come on because the pressure was read from the Sierra and the 2020 sensors will not send signal to 2008 computer...

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So I got the TPMS sensors alarm turned off and it didn’t cost a dime. I pulled out in the driveway and pulled my 2012 Sierra out there with the Tahoe. I put the Tahoe in tire learning mode and pulled the Sierra next to Tahoe and started letting air out of Sierra tires one at a time ( moving the Sierra around to different tire locations letting air out at each tire) and what do you know IT WORKED. Now the light is off and will never come on because the pressure was read from the Sierra and the 2020 sensors will not send signal to 2008 computer...
It checks for a signal from time to time and if it doesn’t get one, guess what? The light comes back on. It’s the same as the batteries in your sensors going dead.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak