2018 Z71 Skid Plate Part Number

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am not sure what those are but, I don't think you would be hitting them on a trail.. It does go to show there is no telling.. lol I once hit a 10 mm Craftsmen wrench we found it inside the tire... That was a surprise.. Good part is I still have it in my tool box today...
Those are 2 pieces of rebar that were laying in the road, there were more scattered in the road since they were virtually the same color as the road I didn't even see them until it was too late all I head was thunk thunk thunk from under the truck as I passed over them this was about a mile from home as soon as I pulled in the driveway I heard a grinding noise got out looked and the truck was harpooned and the tire was hissing air, luckily there is a tire shop about a mile and half from me so I jumped back in the truck and managed to make it there before it went completely flat, one entered the tire and ripped the wheel shroud, another entered the running board and went up thru the shroud and become wedged and another was up higher but had entered thru a gap in the body and then punctured I don't what can't see it beyond the outside somehow it missed the rear ac stuff

IMG_20200715_181016.jpg IMG_20200715_180904.jpg IMG_20200715_180853.jpg

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FD842490-2FE3-4395-8C0F-6C1B1E5D62D3.jpeg 91ED536E-F6ED-4A4D-9AF6-BA0382776C89.jpeg
So yours goes around the little cups on the front of the frame? I don't see a bolt hole in front of them did you have to drill holes for the bolts?

View attachment 252488

The front non-Z71 skid plate attaches to the round tubular crossmember at the front of the frame. Same place the plastic piece attaches. It does go around/behind the frame cups.

Whoever attached the plastic piece from the factory decided to do a superior job-aka tighten until it strips and then tighten some more! I ended up drilling out the holes and put a couple of rivnuts in there.

I ended up running over a blown semi-truck tire on its side. Following a moron in a Honda Odyssey who just cut me off to closely. They swerved and I didn’t have time. Truck just went whucka-whucka. Glad I had the skid plates! (Why do Honda Odyssey drivers think they are driving a race car? Most drive like idiots...)

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
View attachment 252950 View attachment 252951

The front non-Z71 skid plate attaches to the round tubular crossmember at the front of the frame. Same place the plastic piece attaches. It does go around/behind the frame cups.

Whoever attached the plastic piece from the factory decided to do a superior job-aka tighten until it strips and then tighten some more! I ended up drilling out the holes and put a couple of rivnuts in there.

I ended up running over a blown semi-truck tire on its side. Following a moron in a Honda Odyssey who just cut me off to closely. They swerved and I didn’t have time. Truck just went whucka-whucka. Glad I had the skid plates! (Why do Honda Odyssey drivers think they are driving a race car? Most drive like idiots...)
Robert's skid plate is different, I know how these mount up I have the same ones

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Brian O'Connor I just watched someone in front of me drift sideways on the freeway at 70 avoiding a muffler in the road. While I had to straddle it and get lucky but have NO skidplate yet on this damn yukon. Anyone know whether the bolt holes on the 15-20 denali line up with the Z71?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Brian O'Connor I just watched someone in front of me drift sideways on the freeway at 70 avoiding a muffler in the road. While I had to straddle it and get lucky but have NO skidplate yet on this damn yukon. Anyone know whether the bolt holes on the 15-20 denali line up with the Z71?
Same frames, same holes.... just not threaded. They are all there. :)

davo93tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
View attachment 252950 View attachment 252951

The interstates of America almost require skid plates nowadays. I added the PPV valance to my 2015 tahoe after hitting a semi truck tire on the road in the exact same manner as you described - cost $1,400. Probably would have avoided much damage if the OEM air dam didn't come so close to the ground. Can anyone speak to whether Part #23475140 (the part shown in the black Midnight edition) will fit on the LTZ with a PPV valance?

cardershack

Reaction score
Just joined the forum the other day. I've had a 2007 Silverado LT and finally had to trade that and my work car in for a vehicle that's better for our family. Decided to Join the tahoe family. Anyways, Glad to move from the silveradosierra forum to the Tahoe Yukon.

I have a 2020 Tahoe LT. I'm not happy that there are no tow hooks and the air deflector scraping the ground every time I pull in my driveway. I've already researched adding tow hooks with the different fascia piece that has the holes for them.

I'm still deciding whether to trim the air deflector or spend the money and get the PPV deflector. Now to further complicate things I started researching if the z71 front skid plate could go on my setup and if so which route would I need to go with the lower air deflector. Skid plate isn't too important to me and I'd like to make a move on the tow hooks and lower air deflector soon before hunting season is here. Does anyone know if the z71 skid plate works with the LT bumper? if not, then I'll stick to tow hooks and air deflector and be done. Thanks for the help.