2017 Yukon Denali Rear Shock Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Fox coil overs on the front and leveled it 1.25".
This showed me how bad the rear shocks are!
I am not lifting this any further and want to keep the air/auto level feature. What does the crew say abut these from Arnott? Looks like they keep the magnarride as well.
Link

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are passive and not magnetic filled. Good replacement but not magnaride.
Check rock auto for all your options on replacements.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went with the Fox coil overs on the front and leveled it 1.25".
This showed me how bad the rear shocks are!
I am not lifting this any further and want to keep the air/auto level feature. What does the crew say abut these from Arnott? Looks like they keep the magnarride as well.
Link
the one you want is the MR3626 they are a little more about $100 more each, lifetime warranty.
not sure if those have a core charge or not, if they do you get the core charge refunded when you send the old oem shocks back.
and unless your originals are leaking air then you will not see any improvement no matter what you choose

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the one you want is the MR3626 they are a little more about $100 more each, lifetime warranty.
not sure if those have a core charge or not, if they do you get the core charge refunded when you send the old oem shocks back.
and unless your originals are leaking air then you will not see any improvement no matter what you choose
The originals are not leaking air, but the back end feels like a trampoline.
I want more of a firm, sporty ride.
Those are passive and not magnetic filled. Good replacement but not magnaride.
Check rock auto for all your options on replacements.
So, are those plugs in the picture simulators?
Won't matter, the sims I bought are for front and rear.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RockAuto is $414.xx with $14.00 shipping, Summit is $402.xx free shipping.
I could paper the walls of my garage with Summit stickers!

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The originals are not leaking air, but the back end feels like a trampoline.
I want more of a firm, sporty ride.

So, are those plugs in the picture simulators?
so what you might want to do is a little troubleshooting
one thing that can happen is the air shock pump relief valve can stop working so you end up with a over inflated shock.
when you shut off the vehicle after a drive (vehicle without a load on it) a few moments later you should hear the pump release some air for about a second.
when you start the vehicle it should also first-release some air for just a moment to relieve pressue and then kick the pump on.
if you reach under the vehicle and squeeze the shock bladders (vehicle off) they should feel a little bit squishy, if they are rock-hard then there is too much pressure which is indicative of the relief valve not working.
over inflated and under flated/flat can both result in poor ride quality.

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you D
So, if either of those were going on, pressure too high or too low, wouldn't that throw a code?

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you D
So, if either of those were going on, pressure too high or too low, wouldn't that throw a code?
not necessarily but it could, usually it's other things that make it throw codes
that's why you can delete air ride with resistors and it just thinks everything is dandy

OP
OP
M

MobileHomie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not necessarily but it could, usually it's other things that make it throw codes
that's why you can delete air ride with resistors and it just thinks everything is dandy
I see, Thank you again Doubleleive.
I squeezed the bladder like you said and they were neither flat or rock hard, I could squeeze them pretty easy with the vehicle off.
I am ordering the Arnott MR3626 from Summit.

Landman12

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any recommendations on resistors?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar