2017 Tahoe Battery Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am wondering if there is a greater draw on the battery on the newer model Tahoe while off. I haven't been driving my 2017 much over the last several months and notice several times I went to start it after not starting it for a week or two and the battery is either dead or close to it?

I had driven it about 1,000 miles on a fishing trip 2 weeks ago, parked it in the garage. Didn't start it until this morning and it was almost dead. I would have thought after a 1,000 miles it would have gotten ample charge.

My first inclination is the battery is done, to my knowledge it's original so it wouldn't be a surprise.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes and yes.

at 3years original batt is prob done and there are bigger draws on late model cars due to all the electronics.

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I has a neighbor tell me the other day (he owns a 15 Denali) that he had to have the dealer replace his because there is something special about the replacement process? I usually do all my own repairs unless its major engine issues or trans so the idea there is something which requires a dealer to replace the battery is very surprising. I have no idea is level of auto understanding.

You all heard of anything that would require some special process in the replacement?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I has a neighbor tell me the other day (he owns a 15 Denali) that he had to have the dealer replace his because there is something special about the replacement process? I usually do all my own repairs unless its major engine issues or trans so the idea there is something which requires a dealer to replace the battery is very surprising. I have no idea is level of auto understanding.

You all heard of anything that would require some special process in the replacement?
no special process, after you replace the battery then press the drivers window down button and continue holding it for 5 seconds after the window is down, then do the reverse, lift it up and continue holding the button for 5 seconds. this recalibrates the window, then if you see the compass saying CAL then you just go out in a open area and drive in a complete circle a couple times to recalibrate the compass.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they also make a 9V lighter plug (the 9V usually retains all memory stored for seats, radio, ect...)

OP
OP
P

Plimbob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the time lapse between disconnecting the battery and installing the new before the ECM starts to lose memory info?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any idea on the time lapse between disconnecting the battery and installing the new before the ECM starts to lose memory info?
it's going to loose stuff right away, the only thing you may have to reset is the clock, but if you go in ahead of time and tell it to update the clock from the the radio then nothing else to worry about, when I disconnect/reconnect my battery on my 18 silverado all the preset's and everything is still there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justjacks07

Latest posts