2016 yukon xl denali 4inch lift 4wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score

man i think will do the same the only reason i did not i thought cv angles would just be to much that's why I went with 1 inch, would you please post some more pictures of the cv angels and upper control arm .so no weird sounds or anything wrong so far with the ride quality? one last thing I assume your denali had a 323 gear ratio have you noticed major mpg and power off the line with those larger tires sorry I know it's a lot to ask but thanks to this forum I've done certain things to my Denali only because I've seen that can be done

cbraga

Reaction score
man i think will do the same the only reason i did not i thought cv angles would just be to much that's why I went with 1 inch, would you please post some more pictures of the cv angels and upper control arm .so no weird sounds or anything wrong so far with the ride quality? one last thing I assume your denali had a 323 gear ratio have you noticed major mpg and power off the line with those larger tires sorry I know it's a lot to ask but thanks to this forum I've done certain things to my Denali only because I've seen that can be done

Okay, here are my CV angles. Drives fine around town, again its my wife's mall cruiser. Did not change gears, just added a Throttle Commander. Highly recommend it, simple and effective. Get your throttle response back!

Fabtechplus1.5.jpg

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I would post this here since it seems to be fairly current.
I ended up blowing an upper ball joint on my Denali this past Sunday, about 20miles into a 300 mile trip and 5hrs from home. Just a fyi, the upper ball joints in this kit are Fabtech specific and cannot be cross referenced by any parts supplier. I ended up having to overnight one from Fabtech so I could continue with my trip. So now I will carry a spare in the truck, oh only about 30k miles on the kit and really not beat on, a couple fire roads but mostly street driven.

OP
OP
Adam10532

Adam10532

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I figured I would post this here since it seems to be fairly current.
I ended up blowing an upper ball joint on my Denali this past Sunday, about 20miles into a 300 mile trip and 5hrs from home. Just a fyi, the upper ball joints in this kit are Fabtech specific and cannot be cross referenced by any parts supplier. I ended up having to overnight one from Fabtech so I could continue with my trip. So now I will carry a spare in the truck, oh only about 30k miles on the kit and really not beat on, a couple fire roads

What happens exactly did you hear a noise when that happened while turning how did you know they were done ?And I always thought that it back of my mind I'd have to buy a spare from Fabtech once this one gave out did they covered under warranty or did you tell him you had a bottom strut spacer had to buy a new one out of pocket

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was in a jam and just bought out of pocket, under $50 shipped so can't complain.
I heard and knocking going over washed out dirt roads and then my wife could feel it in the floorboard. It also started doing it on uneven paved roads. I was able to duplicate the sound by grabbing the top of the tire(12 o'clock position) and shaking it in and out, could hear it and could see it pop.

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is this the front lower strut spacer id need to add to fabtech 4”? I want to achieve the 40” fender height you guys have measured with that combo.

879656F2-1DD2-4D86-A6BB-5CC10C24A507.png

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I’m having the fabtech 4 kit installed Thursday.

I called fabtech to order the kit with the 2’” spacers sent for the rear but they were Assholes about it and said R&D designed the kit with the 3” rear and that’s what they send. No swapping. I told them I’ve seen numerous installs and they’re all too high in the rear. They told me to do the install and call when I’m unhappy after looking and they’d talk about the 2” spacers. I ended up just buying the 2” separately so I’ll havw them on hand when the install is done. Had to talk them down from $80 a spacer to $25. What a pain in the ass.

My question is: what fender heights do you guys have with the 3” installed in the rear? If it’s 40.5-41.50 I think I’ll be okay with that with the front being around 40”. It doesn’t have to be completely level, I just don’t want the rear 1.25+” higher in the rear

Nokturnal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My rear measures 39” right now with the 1.5” Rear...is it safe to assume with the 3” from fabtech it’ll be 40.5”?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645