Lift Plans 2008 XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
There’s just enough clearance to move inboard a half inch. So 4.75 BS would be the maximum inboard for this tire size on my lift. I’m sure 5” BS would be too much on mine, and contact the tie rod end.

0B09A79C-E262-4353-B13B-C85622A21D21.jpeg

Last edited:

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rough country 5 and 7 inch lifts for burbs have rear control arm drop brackets the kits for hoes don't but if you buy a hoe kit and ask them for the drop brackets then will send you them. I seen that on a few videos and threads

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Rough country 5 and 7 inch lifts for burbs have rear control arm drop brackets the kits for hoes don't but if you buy a hoe kit and ask them for the drop brackets then will send you them. I seen that on a few videos and threads

would you recommend deleting the AutoRide and going with their 5”? Can’t decide if I should do that or the fabtech 6” that’s made for AutoRide. Everything still says it won’t work with AWD.

87carl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would you recommend deleting the AutoRide and going with their 5”? Can’t decide if I should do that or the fabtech 6” that’s made for AutoRide. Everything still says it won’t work with AWD.

Don't worry bout them saying not for awd if you get a double cv shaft they will work and both are good lifts. personaly I would delete the autoride with either lift. the fabtech 6 inch kit drops the front diff more than rough country kit does for better cv angles. But I wouldn't use the fabtech lifts lower strut spacers I seen alot of people complaining about it when I was researching that lift. Get a lift strut instead to avoid using that. That was my plan originally but i decided to go with a smaller lift so wife and kids can get in easier. Wife keeps forgetting how tall the burb is and dropping to the ground

OP
OP
A

AR34

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Haven’t heard back from Fabtech yet...might go with -18 offset fuel vapors. With a 35x12.5 and 4.79 BS, how much poke do you think there would be?