Cheap easy built my own 3-4” lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
RB_Trucker

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you need to trim the lower valance wings ( go bye bye)

what is your tire size ?? i have a 285/50/22 with a 2.5" front ( looks slightly more filled)

thoughts on the Z71 coils ??? this is a mod i still want to do as we carry 6 people and bags regularly. i think the added spring rate will aid in roll as well as ride

Half the bumper is being cut off for a pre-runner style tube bumper so I can keep my front park sensors, but I’ll be taking that valance off when I get a chance this week.

I’m running a 275/65-R18 fuel grabber, no rubbing on the wheel wells but some on the front sway bar.
The Z71 coils are working excellent. I highly recommend them. I can for sure tell there is a high spring rate but it doesn’t bother me. The rear end just feels more stable and planted.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
perfect...Coil swap coming

i too, knock the paint off the sway bar if i try, normal conditions...no issues.

Lawman2017

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I always read about everybody asking about what to use for your 3-4” lift and how to do it. so I just want to show a sample of what I’m doing for my 2019 suburban LT 4x4.

I posted Pics for reference, the tires btw are Fuel mud grabbers 275/65-18. I don’t have the fancy suspension options so this build is easy. Wheel tires will come mounted balanced and drop shipped to my place. Whole cost of project is about $2509.95 total including lift parts. I’ll have it installed in two weeks when I’m home from the road and will be making an install video and another post update on ride, handling, quality.

this is a stopgap lift until I’m done saving for my mid travel kit that will ultimately be on this big girl.

View attachment 304931View attachment 304932View attachment 304933
Where did you get your parts?

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which upper arm did you go with ???

i seem to have a slight popping of the ball joint, which i new would happen. i have been looking into replacement arms, just havent had much time lately. since they are popping...it is time.

OP
OP
RB_Trucker

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
which upper arm did you go with ???

i seem to have a slight popping of the ball joint, which i new would happen. i have been looking into replacement arms, just havent had much time lately. since they are popping...it is time.
I went with some eBay ones for $250 for now I just swapped the ball joints to the right size…. They work well for street work but I’m looking @ bajakits or a dirt king setup eventually with 3.0 coilovers.

the stock strut has met it max travel for what I like so it’s time to upgrade again…. I kept bottoming out on simple whoops. Spacer works perfectly fine for street work though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts