2016 PPV Speaker Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am, pretty close to downtown
BTW, i bought thecopcar at the storefront as well at the end of 2018. Then theothertwin at auction at the same place.

I had a delay getting the title for thecopcar, and a nice woman at the ops center helped.

It's pretty cool having titles that show the previous owner as Texas Department of Public Safety.

OP
OP
T

TexasPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
BTW, i bought thecopcar at the storefront as well at the end of 2018. Then theothertwin at auction at the same place.

I had a delay getting the title for thecopcar, and a nice woman at the ops center helped.

It's pretty cool having titles that show the previous owner as Texas Department of Public Safety.
Thank you for the help! I’ll be sure to ask them for the records.

By the way, how did you end up figuring out the horn/ high beams on the Tahoe? I’ve taken care of pretty much everything else so far.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

By the way, how did you end up figuring out the horn/ high beams on the Tahoe? I’ve taken care of pretty much everything else so far.
I didn't have any issues with the high beams. The horn ring hadn't been reconnected on my 2013. It's a light brown single wire down below the radio on that year.

Have you found the GM Upfitter Manual for your year yet? It's helpful with schematics and wire colors/sizes.

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you can find the number use their property ID. It'll be something like C16-xxxx.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those are some nifty aftermarket buttons on the steering wheel there.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score

the horn is likely the 6J4 circuit in the center console area upfitter harness. Its a single pair wire that is supposed to loop back on itself. They cut it and run a rocker so they can select either the horn or the HORN (aftermarket). Here's a thread that should be helpful: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/15-tahoe-ppv.137696/post-1782543

OP
OP
T

TexasPPV

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
the horn is likely the 6J4 circuit in the center console area upfitter harness. Its a single pair wire that is supposed to loop back on itself. They cut it and run a rocker so they can select either the horn or the HORN (aftermarket). Here's a thread that should be helpful: https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/15-tahoe-ppv.137696/post-1782543
Thank you SO MUCH. I haven’t checked the form in awhile, saw this and immediately went to work after I got off my job.

Couldn’t find the 6J4 tag but I dug into the pin tail between the seats and lo and behold the two (brown wires with white stripes). Spliced them together, and the horn works.

I can’t thank you enough for pointing me in the right direction.

While I’m writing this, you don’t happen to know anything about the high beams? I can hear the relay click in the hood fuse box, but no dice.

Also, it’s interesting that my horn works on the press and key lock, but the alarm button on the remote doesn’t trigger anything.

Thank you again.

2015TahoePPV

Reaction score
I would guess the high beams were cut for wig wags at the connectors under the hood. That's where I'd start. I'm glad I was able to help you with the horn! With the issues you've had, it would probably be worth pulling off the front bumper cover and removing the headlights. You're probably going to find other extra wires under there you'll want to get rid of anyway. I had to pull mine to get the siren out and it came with about 10 extra pounds of wire and loom, and misc brackets

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny