Another option…2011 Chevy Tahoe 85k miles - thoughts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SFreedom97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Don’t forget to check them engine hours if you get a chance.. I highly doubt it’ll be an issue but I was duped into buying a 08 express van with 40k ish miles for a good price. Overall the van is decent but i didn’t know it had close to 8000 hours on it. Had to crack the engine open for repairs around 65k. Not happy about at

If you check out the first post on this thread https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/07-14-engine-hours-to-mileage-comparisons.139141/

You’ll see the only other person who has 8000 hours has about 400k miles on their truck. So that should tell you how much mine sat idling.

Good luck I hope you get a good one
Hey @Tonyv__ …. the dealer to send me a pic of the engine hours below. What would be the accurate number of hours for a vehicle with 42k miles? I’ve never been able to fully understand what would be suitable. Thanks!

Attachments

• CE53BEB7-F9EC-405D-864C-DFAB4F2E791C.jpeg
    CE53BEB7-F9EC-405D-864C-DFAB4F2E791C.jpeg
    254.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

tights24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@SFreedom97 I would think that's about right, simply from doing quick math with his example. I think he mentioned 8K hours = ~400K miles. You are 1/8 of that, and 1/8 of 400K would be 50K miles. Super rough, but it makes sense if that helps....

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
GM is tricky on using the word lifetime on the warranty of Magneride shocks. The labor has a lifetime warranty but the shocks themselves carry a two year replacement warranty. Keep in mind that also means paying full dealer retail for labor and parts unless you’ve got the kryptonite (coupons) they hate honoring.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just learned something new today. Has anyone tried filing a warranty claim on the shocks? I'm curious to know if they are indeed lifetime warrantied
depends on when and where they were purchased, the ac delco's i bought from rock auto didn't go lifetime warranty until about a month after i bought mine, so mine only had a 12 month warranty, might have been 18 months, regardless 5 years later they still work fine have about 70k on them now.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey @Tonyv__ …. the dealer to send me a pic of the engine hours below. What would be the accurate number of hours for a vehicle with 42k miles? I’ve never been able to fully understand what would be suitable. Thanks!
mine had 4000 hours at 82k, it was a Nevada (vegas) vehicle so probably had some idle time

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s more than fair. My Yukon that I bought with 52k miles was about 1500 hours. I can’t find the hours now lol

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I stand corrected. After a lot of research and finding a document that a dealership couldn’t dispute, electronic suspension is covered under a lifetime warranty when purchased from a GM dealer.

Page 19 of 38. I’d print or download this pdf as it applies to dealer installed electronic shocks installed after 2018.

Don’t forget this means any GM dealer, not just Cadillac. Thing are looking up.

Knowing this, instead of paying for replacement mag struts, purchase a warranty or service contract that does. The cost of ether with be the same or less as two mag struts BUT the warranty or s/c will cover the rest of the vehicle with lifetime warranty parts.

It may have been two years on labor and lifetime on parts.

Terry Hurlburt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have owned a 2014 Denali since new. I added a Magnuson supercharger, long tube headers, Wilewood brakes and lowered the vehicle 2” in front and 4” in the rear at ~20000 miles. The vehicle has ~48000 miles now and is a great vehicle. These vehicles are known to have issues with the transmission and this one has had trouble with the torque converter lockup solenoid. Also it has issues with the 2-3 shift being jerky.( online forums say this is due to a cracked drum.) likely I will get a remanufactured transmission installed one day soon.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
That’s funny the forum shows you as a newbie, but have been around since ‘17. The ultimate anti aging strategy for posting.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi! Lurker here but I literally bought a 2014 Denali like you're looking at, back in summer 2021. Bought for about $25.7, effectively $27k out the door. Did I over-pay?
I don't think so, you paid market value during a seller's market.

That would be an average speed of about 38 miles an hour its lifetime and to do that, 2/3 of its time would have been spent on the highway. That's great news by the way!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adamnalicea143e