2011 Chevy Tahoe “Tug issues”

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
What is typical for this Gen truck is the carbon fuel canister barrier breaks down and releases carbon pellets in the fuel system.

Replace the $100 canister. It’s least expensive on RockAuto or Amazon. Shake it after the 15 min process to replace it. You’ll see what’s likely floating around in your tank, fuel pump and evap system that needs to be blown out.

The total fix involves dropping fuel tank, replacing w/ OEM fuel pump (parts geek), evap purge valve @ fuel neck and the PCV valves on the left & right valve covers of the motor.

Consider this a 100k required service. The lower the fuel level. The more the pellets gather around the fuel pump to “tug” your fuel supply down.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you ready for this Lol. Turns out I don’t have transmission issue. The Tahoe was locked into 4x4 when it was on illumination on auto. That is why it had issues. I feel dumb but the mechanics that work for Chevy took awhile to figure it out. It was only trial and error that they finally figured it out. They too felt what I felt ,when driving, but it took some driving to feel it. I have to tell you it really did feel like a transmission issue. So far it works great.

I’m relieved even though a total failure of the transmission would have been paid for by the insurance. It’s. nice to know I didn’t buy a dud.

Again wasn’t here to waste anyone’s time. To including myself. I also wasn’t here to make anyone the fool. There is a lot of knowledge on this board. Thank you for all your help. This post should be used as a future reference. A future checklist to mark off.

With my luck this maybe a temp fix.
Until then thank you all.

Ken

NickTransmissions

Sin City
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you ready for this Lol. Turns out I don’t have transmission issue. The Tahoe was locked into 4x4 when it was on illumination on auto. That is why it had issues. I feel dumb but the mechanics that work for Chevy took awhile to figure it out. It was only trial and error that they finally figured it out. They too felt what I felt ,when driving, but it took some driving to feel it. I have to tell you it really did feel like a transmission issue. So far it works great.

I’m relieved even though a total failure of the transmission would have been paid for by the insurance. It’s. nice to know I didn’t buy a dud.

Again wasn’t here to waste anyone’s time. To including myself. I also wasn’t here to make anyone the fool. There is a lot of knowledge on this board. Thank you for all your help. This post should be used as a future reference. A future checklist to mark off.

With my luck this maybe a temp fix.
Until then thank you all.

Ken
Very interesting, and unexpected but glad you don't have a transmission issue! Don't think you wasted anyone's time at all; in fact thank you for following up, letting the board know what the problem/solution was (many don't).

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
This is a best case scenario win. Pretty funny to be on dry pavement in 4WD. That’s definitely a wtf is going on scenario.

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was odd. You think ‘if I just played with a few of the knobs and maybe it would have worked. Lol it did really feel like it was failing (transmission) what can you do except live and learn.

Thank you both.

Ken

OP
OP
The Grey Beast

The Grey Beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I had the transmission flushed and fluid replaced. So far I notice the difference. Hopefully the “tugging” will cease. In winter in California it’s less profound. Less “tugging “. Summer comes will see. That’s when the transmission heated up. So far got two new axel boots and axels. Thank you for all your help. Hopefully this helps and prolongs the transmission.

Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo